What's your "fun" limit in hours?

Options
udonomefoo
udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
This is not a poll for how much time you DO play, but if you were lead designer and could set what you think an appropriate daily goal for a player is, how much time would you expect players to spend to reach that goal and still have fun playing the game.

The recent pve change is interesting to me because I'm seeing a surprising amount of people posting where they complain about the new system, then go on to state that they still sat and did 6 clears. That's fascinating to me.

For me, anything more than an hour at this point starts to feel tedious. Even that is kind of crazy when you think about it. The amount of things I could accomplish if I was dedicated to them for one hour every single day? icon_lol.gif
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think this is an excellent question. I voted 2, but ideally they'd be 2 sessions of 1 each.

I will say - I do occasionally have the free time to do something that is not beholden to family affairs - play an M-rated game, catch up on the DVR, etc. Half the time I wind up turning on something for background noise and play MPQ - particularly when cramming for end of event. I'm not sure if that's fun or not, though. The reward is fun. Sometimes.

Oh, man. My enjoyment of freetime is RNG-dependent.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Calnexin wrote:
    yeah, you're screwed lol.

2 for me. I like to spread mine throughout the day. some in the morning (30 minutes). some at lunch (30 minutes). some at night (an hr or 2). 3 might be ok, but I'd prefer 2. with that schedule you might could keep up ddq and pvp, or just pve (old style - at least could get you to the progression). no way to do everything on 2 hrs/day.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can't break it down to hours, because it's also a function of how those hours are spent. Eg, I'm playing this PvE way less than other PvEs, because I just don't want to deal that much with the ramped up difficulty, and the whole thing just feels goal-less to me. Yeah, a lot of you guys hate old PvE, but efficient clears and hitting timers at least felt like a GOAL. This thing is just "play til you get bored or run out of health packs".
  • DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    2 or less over the course of a day. I like that the devs are looking at "Daily Play" time and not "Optimal Play" time.

i used to play real hard and i did get a lot of rewards for that effort. i got burned out and couldnt keep up with all the new cover releases. I have really cut back and i am a lot happier. i wish i could get more covers and progress faster, but i also understand that it would require effort that i am no longer willing to invest.

now i really only play to get DDQ rewards, level up\Champ my next highest 3* and see what covers i can get thru tokens.

i hit PVE sometimes, but rarely do more than 1 or 2 clears a day anymore. Tried PVP for the ISO, but i dont really like the play style as much.

so, yeah......once i get all my 3*s maxed, i might as well uninstall. i dont think i can even dream of maxing a 4* with my daily play anymore.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Voted one as my optimal. One or two would be fine, but anything more is tedious.

Also, there also is a caveat of progress that really plays into my fun factor. If I spend two hours for a few days and end up with a 4* I need, fantastic. If I spend that time and end up with a 389th place finish leading to yet another pull of a 2* Moonstone, in not going to look on it as fun.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2 hours per day is already too much. If I didn't have a long commute to work, I'd hopefully spend that time doing something with my life!
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    firethorne wrote:
    Voted one as my optimal. One or two would be fine, but anything more is tedious.

Also, there also is a caveat of progress that really plays into my fun factor. If I spend two hours for a few days and end up with a 4* I need, fantastic. If I spend that time and end up with a 389th place finish leading to yet another pull of a 2* Moonstone, in not going to look on it as fun.
    exactly. most days, i get about one, between DDQ, hopefully a full PvE clear and work towards a minimum of 600-800 in PvP. I have zero time to catch LR's at the moment they open to get seed teams, so i almost never play those (since if you miss your window, you're looking at level 250+ teams immediately - nothing "lightning" about that!).

I've said this before (as have others), but it would be nice to know what the Devs thought was a realistic time to be playing their game. They can't honestly think that the ISO shortage + 1 bazillion characters is ideal.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Calnexin wrote:
    I'm not sure if that's fun or not, though. The reward is fun. Sometimes.

30% fun icon_e_smile.gif , 70% sadness icon_e_sad.gif .

This also happens to be the gold pull rate for heroic tokens!