Was EotS the worst 7day event to try scaling with?

Options
bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,507 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Why choose this event for the experiment? There are points changes, timing changes, scaling changes. A lot to process. We are supposed to give feedback somehow. But why not pick any other event?

1. This event is hard. It always has been. See below for more reasons. So players who aren't playing much PVE are playing a tough event to assess your brand new system. Yes, this event is huge health pack drain and always has been for me.
2. Waves! (Difficulty) Every time you defeat an enemy someone else comes. If you haven't kept down AP then Wolverine or whoever hits you with a Power when they come in. Frustrating.
3. Waves! We are supposed to assess scaling effect when we are getting a range of levels in many nodes? Why not pick a simpler event in terms of enemies (just 3)?
4. Waves! Many comments have been complaints about length of time to complete. This event always takes a long time to complete because there are so many enemies.
5. Turn to smoke. Goes with waves. Many enemies leave attack tiles behind. Draining health every turn. So aggravating. And health pack draining.
6. Caltrops. Maybe you are very good at getting rid of those attack tiles. Then there is the color agnostic trap tile which damages your whole team? And how about the "fun" of a random dropped tile matching and triggering caltrops?

In short, this event has always been frustrating to play because there are so many uncontrollable factors working against you. I am sure this isn't helping people assess scaling and other changes.

I wish the dev had picked a simpler event for this experiment. Maybe they do too, now.

Comments

• thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Options
    yes. a million times yes. although the hunt would be a close second even though its not 7 days.
  • Deadpool369
    Deadpool369 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    I guess we can be thankful that they didn't try to run it with a heroic pve
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    Options
    That was the original plan actually
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah I agree, this is by far the worst possible event, followed probably by the new Venom event (with the infamous Carnage+Venom+feeder nodes).

As I said before doing the 11 clears needed for perfect score requires around 5-7 hours, depending on team composition, etc. This is almost a working day, and you have to do all the clears together. Maybe for another event it would be more in the 3-5 hours (which is still a lot).
  • AsylumTKJ
    AsylumTKJ Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options

I had to use a really really short number of characters to succeed in last clears of the sub, so it would not have change many things.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think Deadpool vs MPQ would've been the ideal event to try it out. There's some degree of flexibility in enemy types, few or no goons, and no neverending Dark Avengers grinding!
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not at all. The goal for D3 is to gather data, and what better event than a 7 day event, that has 2 day nodes, and waves. Every aspect of story mode play is represented in this series. That makes it the perfect event to try something this drastic.