Please run a non test PVE along side test

Options
alphabeta
alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So I doubt I'm the only one but I'm seeing base nodes 'Easy' with level 240 enemies - I have HB and 4Cyke maxed and then no 3* boosted above 225 this week.

So I'm not going to waste health packs and time on this abomination of a 7 day event.

But I therefore have no PVE - can't we have a quick run of Ultron (remember him?) - even a stupid heroic - anything that means the ISO trickle doesn't come to a complete halt for the next week - this test is already a failure and making me question whether its worth joining that next buyers club - don't leave me hanging on progress for a week or it may be the end.

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Please don't.

The point of the test is to see what results from peoples' focussed playing of the PvE. Yes, including people who quit early. Diluting the results with another PvE won't help.

Not to mention, Ultron's a pretty intense PvE. Most of them are if you're after placement. Doing two at the same time is asking a lot. It's why they ditched events having two sub events in the first place.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well by the look of my leaderboard I'm in t100 having cleared 3 nodes people have already quit - why are we now locked out for a week - they chose to run the test on a 7 day event
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Please don't.

The point of the test is to see what results from peoples' focussed playing of the PvE. Yes, including people who quit early. Diluting the results with another PvE won't help.

Not to mention, Ultron's a pretty intense PvE. Most of them are if you're after placement. Doing two at the same time is asking a lot. It's why they ditched events having two sub events in the first place.

dont see how they are going to test it.. One many people skip 7 day events.. More skip this pve due to waves.... so the results wont show a thing

wonder if 3 full clears will get you LT
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At least we'll get 3 extra tokens in 8 days just for playing, getting beat down, then quitting and playing PVP, DDQ for 7 days.

When I first read the main post about the changes, I thought you would get 10CP for playing the event... that's just for hitting top 50... bummer.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    Please don't.

dont see how they are going to test it.. One many people skip 7 day events.. More skip this pve due to waves.... so the results wont show a thing

They will have figures on participation for 7 day events in general, including this one in particular so they will be able to use people giving up early on the event based on numbers and then it is up to people to give them feedback on what does and doesn't work with these changes.

Personally, I am liking the fixed points per node, don't like the way the grind will work at the end of a sub and don't like the scaling (especially on the easy nodes)
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Crowl wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    Please don't.

They will have figures on participation for 7 day events in general, including this one in particular so they will be able to use people giving up early on the event based on numbers and then it is up to people to give them feedback on what does and doesn't work with these changes.

Personally, I am liking the fixed points per node, don't like the way the grind will work at the end of a sub and don't like the scaling (especially on the easy nodes)

Well if they run another PvE the same days, and 80% of people go to one, and abandon the other the first day, it would give a clear picture of which is the one people prefers. If there is just one, it will probably have the same amount of participation as any other PvE, basically if you want to play PvE there is only one you can play, even if you don't like it very much.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Crowl wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    Please don't.

Well if they run another PvE the same days, and 80% of people go to one, and abandon the other the first day, it would give a clear picture of which is the one people prefers. If there is just one, it will probably have the same amount of participation as any other PvE, basically if you want to play PvE there is only one you can play, even if you don't like it very much.

That's a pretty terrible way to do it - you have no idea how much the PvE instance itself is influencing the decision versus the point structure. Are the rewards better? How much of it is because people always hate change? Maybe people just don't like Enemy of the State that much?

Even if you ran a 2nd Enemy of the State with the same rewards, you can't account for the inherent bias behind choosing the formula that is well-known. Afterall, if I'm pretty much guaranteed to place T5/10/50/whatever in the old format, why would I ever want to move to the new one?

All that would tell you is how popular the old version is compared to the new one, and would prevent quantitative data gathering. I'd rather give them a much larger set of data, let them evaluate it (and our feedback, allegedly), and compare to see if it's working as intended.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm thinking this might be a good time to start playing PVE. I stuck with the simulator PVE after most people dropped out and I was able to get some of the most generous rankings in awhile.