new update seems to have broken multiple device play

abmoraz
abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
I play MPQ on 3 different devices:
1. An acer 8" tablet running android at home
2. An Asus 10" tablet on my breaks at work
3. An HTC One A9 phone when elsewhere

Since the new update, my progress seems to be saving individually on each device. My tokens, ISO, covers, levels, etc... are not carrying over from one device to the next. They are each keeping their own separate cached copies.

Let me explain further:
(on my 8" Acer tablet) Last night I started the simulator event at 11pm. Did the opening node and all 10 of the "Simulation 1". I played a bit of the Webslinger PVP event and shielded for 24hrs (leaving me with ~500 Hero Points left). I spent ~19,000ISO to level Mr. Fantastik from level 94 to level 131. I used my remaining ISO to level my Red Hulk so that I had under 1000 ISO left. At that point, I had 4 taco tokens and 1 Legendary token. I exited the game (to ensure it synced with the servers) and went to bed.
I got up this morning, went to work. On my lunch break, i loaded Puzzle Quest up on my 10" Asus tablet and right away I noticed something was wrong because I had ~800HP, 14,000ISO. I checked my Mr. Fantastik and he was back at level 94. Thought, when I checked the Webslinger event, I was still shielded. When I looked at the Simulator event, I had all my points for the event, but none of the nodes had been completed. They all still said "0/7 rewards" and the "Simulation 1" event only showed me the starting 5 nodes. I figured my tablet at home didn't fully sync, so I cleared it again. Then I did the deadpool dailies. I received my rewards for the Webslinger event. After all that, my work tablet showed me having ~8,000 ISO, ~900 HP, and 7 tokens (6 taco, 1 legendary). I exited the game completely (again, as i was told by support before, this ensures that the game syncs to the main servers).
After work, I came home and loaded up my 8" Acer tablet. It showed my progress almost exactly as I had left it the night before (each PVE node cleared once, Mr. Fantastik at level 131, less than 1000 ISO, only 5 tokens), but it did have my points for the simulator event. The entire Deadpool Daily was unfinished as well.

It seems like only the scores and the damage to characters are syncing with the server, but not the Character levels, ISO, covers, HP (I *Think* I'm missing a few Command points, too, but I can't be certain), or node rewards. An entire run was lost and I had to waste the time redoing everything again. My guess is that when I go into the office tomorrow, anything I've done tonight will not be on my work computer. It's as if my rosters are diverging. I'm afraid to load the game up on my phone to test further.

I'm trying to bank ISO to power level some of my 4 stars, and this issue is making it impossible.

Before anyone asks, I use multiple devices because work policy prevents me from putting personal tablet and put it on the work network nor from taking my work tablet out of the office and MPQ drains my phone battery too much to use it (nor to I want to waste my tiny data plan when perfectly good wireless is available for approved devices).

*** EDIT ***
Submitted a ticket. The ticket number is 203846

Comments

• Another case here. I play in my LG G3, and my Sony Xperia X2 tablet, and it doesn't sync between both. Haven't tried to play from facebook, tho.

For example, if I play the Deadpool Dailies on my phone, and then go to my tablet, I have to play them again - getting the rewards again, and using the tokens/covers again too. Yesterday I got the Luke Cage red cover as a reward and used it (maxing the red power) on my tablet, and this morning on my phone, the level wasn't played, so I had to re-play it, and my Cage was with only red level 4.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    More updates... now the game crashes at the "Loading..." screen on my work tablet (like in so many other threads). I tried bringing it up on my phone and it crashes there, as well.

Work tablet (10" Asus) is running android 4.2.1
    Home tablet (8" Acer) is running 4.4.1
    Phone (HTC One A9) is running 6.0.1