More covers per page in roster view

Pylgrim
Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
There are now 94 characters in MPQ and that's a number that just keeps growing. Even if you don't have every single character, you'll still have pages and pages of characters, mostly because the roster view only has 6 covers per page. See this

3atb68u.png

See the dots on the bottom that shows the number of pages? At this point they're merely ornamental because you it only signals for the first 8 pages, while the average vet roster has 12+. Also see all the real space wasted. Sure, as a graphic designer myself, I appreciate the breathing air, even if it's clearly too much. But design must follow usability when creating mobile UIs. With just a bit of reorganisation and without changing the size of anything, it would be possible to fit 9 covers per page like so

ciIkzHb.jpg

It's now a bit crowded, yes, but on the other hand, users will save literal seconds of swiping left in order to interact with their lowest leveled covers. This kind of ease of access should be pursued first and design should follow. The background could be made less busy, for starters, or lighter, to provide higher contrast, etc.

Comments

• St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    We at Steam have 14 characters per rooster page icon_e_smile.gif
  • truxcer
    truxcer Posts: 9
    St1nkf1st wrote:
    We at Steam have 14 characters per rooster page icon_e_smile.gif
    And 3 characters per page in unclaimed list , which becomes very painful when you have like 200 covers pending.
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    +1 for this request with a side note:

For mobile phones I think 9 per page is the maximum but for tablets you have a bigger screen. If you would make a version specifially tailored to the screens of tablets, I think you can fit more covers if you scale them a little bit.