Getting Hit By Same Opponent

Options
CyberVenom2001
CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Just letting some steam off here. While playing the season simulator, I notice I'm constantly getting hit by the same opponent over and over and over.

It's so very annoying when I'm just trying to hit the 2000 point mark and it's One. Tinykitty. Person.

I almost wish there was a limit to how many times you can attack a specific foe.

Comments

• Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That just means you're one of very few ppl with so many points and since you're trying and trying building back your points you're excelent target worth a lot.
  • CyberVenom2001
    Options
    I've actually got no beef with being a target at all. It's when it's one person hen picking is when it's a frustration. When I lose 200-250 points from multiple foes, it makes sense. It's almost like you should get less points for targeting a single person repeatedly. The players aren't Galactus. Lol
  • Shadow
    Shadow Posts: 155
    Options
    It's very early in the season to be pushing to 2k in shield simulator. You're probably a very juicy target unless you're the king. Does it really matter if it's the same person hitting you or a million others hitting? I wonder how much iso this person would have to spend just to skip and find you. The main reason to play simulator this early is to generate iso. Not so much to spend iso to skip and find you. If I'm playing simulator this early, I'm hitting everyone without even skipping and I don't care how many points I'm going to get out of the match. If he/she really wants to waste iso to look for you, where's the harm? Probably some noob doesn't like your ign or something.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lemme ask you this: Are you retaliating against this person? If so, you may be stuck in what I call a retal war. Perhaps you hit him on your initial climb, and he hit your for a retaliation, then you hit him back, and he hit you back, and you hit him....you see where this is going. Luckily, I often find myself on the winning end of these wars (I get hit for -15, I retaliate for +45...4-5 cycles of this and I'm up ~200 points for that event) but it could be very frustrating if you're trying to climb. If this is the case, or if that ever happens, just skip the person on the retaliation node, it might make it a bit harder for them to find and attack you again.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I often have this problem from the other end in pvp. I'm trying to hit 1300, and there are numerous people in my alliance family, and then one person outside my team worth 70 points with comparatively low characters. I will usually wait a few minutes so that hopefully they shield, and then I'll strike. But if I see them again in a few minutes, I'll generally queue them, wait a few more minutes so that hopefully they've definitely shielded by now, and then I'll strike again, if I just can't find any other targets.

I don't go crazy, tapping the same person quickly, I try to spread it out by 5-10 minutes, but it's hard when you're doing a final push and there are so few allowable targets available. And yes I realize that I have the benefit that all those targets I can't hit won't attack me either.
  • CyberVenom2001
    Options
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Lemme ask you this: Are you retaliating against this person? If so, you may be stuck in what I call a retal war. Perhaps you hit him on your initial climb, and he hit your for a retaliation, then you hit him back, and he hit you back, and you hit him....you see where this is going. Luckily, I often find myself on the winning end of these wars (I get hit for -15, I retaliate for +45...4-5 cycles of this and I'm up ~200 points for that event) but it could be very frustrating if you're trying to climb. If this is the case, or if that ever happens, just skip the person on the retaliation node, it might make it a bit harder for them to find and attack you again.

Nope. No retaliations. At all. If I do that vs someone, I do it no more than twice. But even that is a rarity. And even then, I only get back 7 points, so it usually isn't worth it for this foe
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    sometimes i only get the same targets over and over, no matter how much i skip.

i usually ignore player names, as my only factor for playing a match or not is how much it is worth.
    after two or even three times i recognize its the same team, same order, same level.

but if im in the middle of a run myself AND your team is worth 50+, so be it.
    on the other hand, after hitting you twice the points probably drop significantly and i would search for another, higher value target
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    at the top of shield sim this early, opponent options are very limited. but during my climbs my queues can get stuck through 12/15/20 skips. sometimes I have to take that 38-40 pt guy and it will update my score enough to give me a different level of opponents after that match. problem is, then any retal from that guy will be bad for me, and it would be a decently attractive retal, so no good solution to that. I will say once you cross the 800-900 range in normal pvp, lots more points open up (in the right slices). increasingly the problem is that most are level 350+ OML (and this week paired with level 350ish carnage). next week i'll take those on with boosted cyke and ice, but this week, that's much harder. while things open up more in normal pvps, in shield sim, things only narrow down at the top - especially this early.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just letting some steam off here. While playing the season simulator, I notice I'm constantly getting hit by the same opponent over and over and over.

It's so very annoying when I'm just trying to hit the 2000 point mark and it's One. Tinykitty. Person.
    Apologize and ask him to stop. Apologize for what? Doesn't matter. You obviously pissed him off. And if it's who I think it is, it doesn't take much.