How many members in a winning alliance?

GreenMachine
GreenMachine Posts: 52 Match Maker
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
First off, I want to say congrats to the first place finishers in the Thick as Theives release of Quake. I won't mention any names, but they kicked butt.

That being said, I was a being a creeper in the post-event summary and wanted to see what scores needed to be in order to have the winning alliance. I was surprised to see so many low scores on the winning team. My next thought was "This seems odd. How many high scorers would there need to be in order to offset all these low scorers?"

I was surprised to count a total of 30 members contributing scores to the alliance! I couldn't believe it so I had other members of my alliance confirm they were seeing the same thing too! It's too bad the results have been pulled since yesterday.

So what do you think? Was this a glitch, a hack, a broken post-event summary, a problem with the servers, or something else?

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think its a bug in the leaderboard setting. I've seen it happen in other alliances. In general, the top 10 alliance members all exceed 1.75x the LT progression. That takes alot of work from the commander staff to organize those kinds of scores, but its a pretty consistent cutoff.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Being associated with said alliance, its a display glitch. If you apply to an alliance but are not approved, the score will display on the leader board, but is not counted in the actual tally
  • GreenMachine
    GreenMachine Posts: 52 Match Maker
    fmftint wrote:
    Being associated with said alliance, its a display glitch. If you apply to an alliance but are not approved, the score will display on the leader board, but is not counted in the actual tally

Ah! That's a really good explanation I hadn't thought of!