DDQ 4* Should be Daily

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
Now that Daisy is out, that makes 28 4* characters in the game. And now a 29th unknown 4* has been teased.

The DDQ needs for 4*s what it originally did for 3*s. Have a required node that rewards a cover for the required character, and not necessarily this one-on-one style that does not aide early transitioners. It could be a wave battle like the 3*. It would still be useful for people championing. It would also be useful for transitioners. It also blocks out people who cannot compete the same way the 3* nodes already function.

I'd gladly trade an LT that will probably give me my 8th Mr. Fantastic Yellow for the surety of an advertised cover.

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd settle for every other day, or twice per 5-day ddq cycle. but it needs iso added into it too.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Absolutely needed. I've quit until they do something more about the 4* transition.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Few months ago, i would think this idea is insane. Now, considering the amount of 4* heroes, and how much time is needed for full rotation, i think 1 fight per 5 days is too few. Simply said, most players are not able to win most of fights and thanks to RNG and poor ISO gain, its almost impossible to keep all 4* heroes at level high enough to compete with their opponents in 4* DDQ.

All in all, daily based 4* is too much. 1 match per 2 or 3 days is completely sufficient and it should not break the game.
    Other alternative is to bring back CPs for gathering 15 000 potions in DDQ.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I'm inclined to agree that it should be at least every other day, if not every day. Given the rarity of star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png (in HeroClix terms, Super Rare), it's near impossible to even remotely keep up.

This wouldn't serve me personally very much at this point. The one star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png I have that I know I can beat "Crash of the Titans" with is still icon_invisiblewoman.png , level 288 with 5/2/2. My next highest is icon_thor.png , 168 with 2/3/3 but I have no confidence in her being able to hold her own one-on-one yet. I might be lucky with icon_nickfury.png or icon_wolverine.png (both 147 with 3/2/2) but it'd likely take me several tries. Everybody else I have that's star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png has six covers or less and RNGesus would have to be smiling at me for any kind of success.

My point--and I do have one--is that "Crash of the Titans" happening more often would benefit a lot of players including, eventually but not really now, me.
  • Flax22
    Flax22 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Yes a Daily fight for a 4*...

But it's impossible to win when your 4* have only a few cover.... For me we should have a reverse power... if you have 1 cover you will be strong than with 12 cover...

This fight should be a Chance to win a 4* for Player with low power.... If you should have 8 cover and Level 170 to win for me it's not good (for me...). That help me really not in my Transition to 4*...

And there is so much 4*...... not enough place in my roster...