Recurring issue with internet connection

lvirden
lvirden Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
Each time google play updates puzzle quest on my Samsung galaxy s4 it begins reporting

CHECK INTERNET CONNECTION.
note that I'm posting this note on the same phone that the game says this... obviously the internet connection works.
I've uninstalled and the installed the game.
Same error.
I cleared the games cache etc and forced a stop.

Same error.

What can I do to get it working again

Comments

• lvirden
    Well, the problem has returned.

Before going through the pain of uninstalling and re-installing, I thought I would attempt to get some sort of response back from the forum as to what causes this issue every 3 weeks or so.

Anyone else seeing this?

This is being plained on my Samsung Galaxy S4. The android process page for the game says that it is version 97.335468.

When I attempt to start the game, the splash screen with young Hulk and Ghost Rider appears, sits for 3 minutes or so, then displays "Check internet connection".
    At that point, I try google and other apps all of which have no issue using the internet.

This has been going on for months - I remove the game, I download it again, I fiddle for a day or two, finally it loads - back to the turtorial. I play that for a few hours until it gets to the spot where I can access the setup, then I load the backed up game and move on... for a couple or three weeks.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    It could be that the network you're connecting from has an intermittent bad path between you and the game servers. You could try switching from wi-fi to mobile data or vice versa when the problem occurs to see if coming in through a different path makes any difference.
  • lvirden
    Thank you for your reply.

I in fact did try both, and got the same error with both. Meanwhile all other of my applications - games, google play store, searching the web, etc. - all were able to connect without an issue.

This morning, 24 hours later, the app finally made a connection. It had been 2 days. At least this time I held off deleting and re-installing.

There's something really odd going on. But if I am the only one seeing it, then there's not going to be much interest in figuring it out.
  • Really annoying. I'm in the middle of grinding down the nodes for Howard the duck pve and all of a sudden "check internet connection".

Well, my connection works for everything else but the game.....
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just went down for me too, on Steam, glad (yet sad) to see I'm not alone.
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2016
    Ditto.
    Now servers are completely offline.

Also:
    I have got 813 points and didn't get 800 reward in PvP Divine Champions...
    Plus; S3 ends soon - so bye bye Iceman blueflag.png

EDIT
    After 20 minutes of trying to reconnect finaly servers are online and I got my 800 PvP reward.
    And my points dived stright down 200+ points - from fights that aren't registered yet...,my iceman grab is a history now...
  • I am having the same issue on my ipad. This is the first time this has happened. Everything else on my ipad connects to the internet fine.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2016
    Oh dear, 4:45 pm on Friday afternoon in the One True Time Zone. What's the under/over on outage duration?

:edit: Seems to be back up now, so under 30 minutes. I'd never have called that one.
  • llamamancer
    llamamancer Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Also getting the same error playing through Steam. Sucks having this right as the pve bracket's day is ending.
  • woodchuck76
    woodchuck76 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    I'm having the same problem. Right in the middle of PVE grinding.
  • Me too.. Engineerdave2
  • roboto0007
    roboto0007 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Ugggg, 1 hour left on a pvp event that I actually need and have been grinding on all week and of course the servers go down. Super frustrating!
  • Same here. Been trying for some time.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I'm experiencing the same thing right now (and ytd as well, for at least one hour).

(steam user).