Advice Needed - What would you do with only an hour a day?

ulcerousbrett
ulcerousbrett Posts: 13
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Need to cut back my MPQ to only an hour a day. Looking for advice on how best to spend that hour to maximize ISO, Covers, CP etc...

So what would you do in only an hour each day to maximize overall loot?

I'm thinking:

1. DDQ to completion every day - Takes 20-30 minutes

2. Then hit up that day's PVE event and focus on getting the day's two CP and as much ISO as possible.

3. If I have extra time in a day I'll hit up the PVPs and simulator to try to squeak my way into 4000 season points and the 10 pack award...

Assumptions:
-I'm on day 110 and now have all 3* characters, although most of them could use plenty of covers and ISO.
-Have two 5* so PVP is pretty difficult for me right now. But I'm used to hitting progression every time on PVE.

Please, I'm still pretty new so any feedback would be appreciated!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Comments

• Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    I'm nearing 800 days and this pretty much sums up how I play. DDQ goes a bit faster. I'll play every PvE node I can, then play the CP nodes as much as I can. If I get both, then I move on to the current PvP and shoot for 4-500. After that, if I have time, I climb the simulator.
    1. DDQ to completion every day - Takes 20-30 minutes

2. Then hit up that day's PVE event and focus on getting the day's two CP and as much ISO as possible.

3. If I have extra time in a day I'll hit up the PVPs and simulator to try to squeak my way into 4000 season points and the 10 pack award...
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,399 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do deadpool daily

on monday weds thursday saturday.. do pve to get pts

Tuesday friday and sunday jump in late and hope for a new bracket in PVP and play last hour.

am really almost there i mean its really not worth the grind anymore int he PVE and if you only do PVP in the last hour no reason to buy more slots.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been doing this for a few months now, and you've mostly got it already.

DDQ is priority #1.

From there, it can vary by day. Late joining events can make a huge difference. If you know you're not going to have time to actually play in a pvp, then join as late as possible and hope to get a lucky fresh bracket. Worst case, you'll play the 3 seeds and quit. Best case, you end up with an extra 3* cover or two and some iso/hp from placement rewards.

PVE is the same, if you know you're not going to play yet, don't join. In fact, for your situation, never join a pve event on day 1. The people who join later are lazier and you don't have to work very hard to get top 300 in each sub, which gives you an event token. Just hitting the essential/hard nodes for the cp should easily get you there. You might not have time to even get to the hard node cp though, because you have to do a full clear just to get there.

Good luck! It's really hard to not get sucked back in a little bit at a time. Like "oh I'll just get to 300 in this pvp for a token" (token pulls a moonstone) "might as well go for 400 to get the hp" etc, etc. My original limit when I "quit" was 20 minutes. Now I'm doing about an hour. Right now it's more, because I think Quake looks like a fun character and I have to get that one cover because that's going to do me a lot of good. icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    i would just play ddq and leave it at that.

at least in ddq you get what you are playing for.
    the two CPs in pve seem unrealistic, given your time restriction - most of the time you wont get the CP from the 4* essential node before your 3rd try, and you need a full clear for the same chance for the second CP.
    the 300points progression token in pvp is similar - you need at least 6 matches, and then get 250 iso for your trouble.

just stay with ddq
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Honestly, it might be time to quit. If you're just treading water, why not make progress in another game? There's so many amazing games out there far worth your time then just continueing to play because you've been playing.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd do the daily - biggest ISO reward in the game.

After that, hit lightning rounds (if available), then hit every other event once. Entering to lose means your scaling goes down and you might get bumped down into rookie brackets. Then if you find yourself with a few more hours to play, you can kill it for decent rewards.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    What I do is the daily quest, join versus if there is about an hour left and maybe some shield sim. Takes maybe just over an hour per day but does mean I can get about 6000 season points for my alliance.

Progress is glacial but it means I get to have a life and don't get angry when hit by a lucky cascade that wipes my team.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    I pretty much play the way you do. The only exception is when theres a 1k pvp reward for a top 5, 4 star character. I ignore everything else to try and get it.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Since you've already gotten all your 3* characters, you're probably focusing on covers and ISO for championing, and less on HP/CP. So I'd suggest:

DDQ is a no-brainer.

If you're going for PVE, play essential nodes first, then grind the low-level nodes for rewards.

Always play seed characters in lightning rounds and PVP. If you've still got time left, play a round of simulator or two.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Maximum PvE rewards for minimal time

There are 2 strategies here: either join ~8 hours before the 1st sub ends or join ~8 hours before the event ends.

The worst strategy is to join right at the start of the event. The early brackets will be full of people looking to maximize their points for alliance rewards. Everyone in the top 100 will be hitting their refreshes on time every 8 hours and a good number of them will be grinding their nodes all the way down to 1.

A fresh bracket that opens < 2 hours before the event ends will usually be a death bracket. Placement is up in the air right up until the very last minute. I don't like joining these because any distractions can cost you a top placement.

Joining about 8 hours before the event ends will keep your points low enough that you'll eventually end up in the lazy brackets (I don't think these are true newbie brackets, but they aren't veteran brackets either. note that if you follow the bracket threads in the event forums, lazy brackets are rarely advertised). This will give you 2 refreshes, which gives you a bit of breathing room so that you don't have to grind super hard like you would for a death bracket. If you join when there's about ~300 or less players, hitting top 100 is usually easy. I've been top 10 (good for 1 4* cover and 3 3* covers) a couple times now.

For new character releases, I like to join ~8 hours before the 1st bracket ends. This involves a large time commitment (4 refreshes for 24 hour brackets, 7 for 48 hours), but you end up with a Legendary Token at the end. If you're in a lazy bracket, top 100 is pretty easy. I've hit the top 10 for multiple new character releases (Carnage, Ant-Man, Sam Wilson, TA Hulk, Ghost Rider, X-23, Nova, Quake). This will put you into the veteran brackets again, and it will take quite a lot of poor/no placements to get you back into the lazy brackets (basically, this can only be done about once a month).

Maximum PvP rewards for minimal time

For season events, my goal is to hit the 4000 point progression (10-pack). You only need to get 400 points in each of the 10 events to get there. This will get you 10 event tokens and 250 HP from the individual events plus a 3* cover, 50 HP, and a total of 11 heroic tokens (1 single + a 10-pack) from the season progression. I can easily hit 400 points in less than 2 hours. If you manage to get into a fresh bracket 2 hours before the event ends, that's usually good for the top 100.

Fitting it into an hour

I would say that I average about 1-2 hours a day playtime. Rather than play a single hour each day, it will be 3-4 days of hard grinding for a new character release and then nothing but DDQ for the next few weeks. The late bracket I joined was stale? Oh well, better luck next time.
  • Awesome advice. Thanks all! The thoughts on entering events late was enlightening.