New season, same rewards. Again.

Options
rkd80
rkd80 Posts: 376
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I am wondering if it is just me, but does anyone else hope that when the season awards come up that something/anything changes just a little bit? Other than flipping from LT to 25 Cps we have had the same structure of rewards for 6 months.

While I don't think the forum should be used for "give me" posts, seems like making incremental adjustments in the season reward and SSim are so easy from a development standpoint and yet will go such a long way in feeling like progression is being made.

The possibilities are endless, some ideas:

11k season prog: 5k iso
SSim: double all iso
Season alliance reward: 2 LTs (seems odd that such a big effort only yields 1)
Season reward: double iso (you just spent 24 days grinding, here is something for you effort)
etc, etc, etc, etc

After all, each season gives two new 4* and one new 5* yet all rewards are static. Why?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, it's just you.

The rest of us don't expect any change unless it's being teased as the next big thing for 3 months.

See also:
    Change lineup in LRs.
    Introduce 4* pvps.
    Leagues.

All things that should have been introduced a year ago.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    The season progression rewards seem pretty good, but should probably be longer (people are regularly hitting 1.5 and 2x progression in some slices, why not scale the rewards a little higher to reward them? Why even limit the rewards? 1k ISO for every 300 points over 1300 would be a welcome addition I'm sure). And the season placement rewards are a complete and total joke. Past 2 seasons hitting (and finishing at or above) final progression in every event including sim (15k total) barely gets you in to top 100 in virtually every season bracket. And the reward for that? A handful of heroic tokens, 500 ISO, 50 HP, and 3 CP. For the past 3 or 4 seasons I have found this to be the case regardless of when I join. I've tried joining in the final 3 hours of the first event, I've tried joining early in slice 1, I've tried waiting for a fresh bracket to flip......doesn't seem to matter - you need to finish higher than final progression in every single event to crack Top 50. And if you do? A 10-pack instead of 5 heroics, and 1 more CP. Woohoo!!!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Never did figure out why they added a 1300 reward but nothing at 1100/1150/1200. When rewards climb by 25, 50, or 75 before that, seems odd to jump to a 300 point gap.

And yeah, season should be expanded to at least 15k at this point. Really probably 20k, but 15 seems reasonable for now.

And also yeah, don't hold your breath on changes. We're all rabbits to the developer's tortoise. They'll get there eventually, but you can probably take a nap under a tree for a few months while you wait for them.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Options
    Bow, this was not supposed to be a thread about features missing in the game. Strictly season progression awards! Sheesh.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The lightning rounds being the same every week really bothers me. So many characters...mix it up already.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yep, hard to get excited about a ten pack of guaranteed 2*, and with some luck a few 3*s when you already have them all.

The meta has long since moved on, but they fail here, as they do in most places in the game, to institute adequate paths for transition to the next stages. They still are treating 3*s as some special prize.