Time to level Silver Surfer over Pheonix or BSSM

Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Something occurred to me. With gauntlet, Simulator, EoTS, etc.. any 2* Wolvie, or patch essential/pvp, OML can't be used, same with JG as an opponent or essential, Phoenix would be un-usable, and same for 5* Spidey, if any * Spidey is an opponent. Iron Patriot may one day be added, that would cancel out Green Goblin.

So we are left with Surfer. 5* Surfer has no current or possible counterpart in any * level, so he will always be usable in PVE/PVP.

I know OML is the most popular, but he is also the most likely to be un-usable!

Comments

• Why would War Machine cancel out Green Goblin?

Are you thinking of Iron Patriot?
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, but not really. OML will only be unusable in PvP when X-Force or Patch are featured. And his main use is the PvP climb. For PvE he can always be replaced with "second best" choice and it won't be a problem. Same goes for Phoenix and Spidey. So nope - Surfer is still bottom unless you don't have anybody else (leveled and decently covered he is still worth the ISO just for match damage alone).
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    War Machine will most likely be James Rhodes. With Civil War being released soon, I'm watching for both War Machine and Winter Soldier. Most, if not all, other big name characters in the movie are already in the game.

As to the topic at hand, I only have single red cover for surfer for now, so I'll let you know in about a year. icon_lol.gif

JJ
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why would War Machine cancel out Green Goblin?

Are you thinking of Iron Patriot?

Yup, appreciate the correction! Will correct my OP!
  • IamTheDanger
    Didn't they say that Iron Patriot was for the console version only. I thought I heard that, but I'm not sure. Kinda hope I am mistaken. IP would be great.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Didn't they say that Iron Patriot was for the console version only. I thought I heard that, but I'm not sure. Kinda hope I am mistaken. IP would be great.
    Yeah, he was originally intended for the main game, but they never finished balancing him and decided to move on from the Dark Reign storyline.
  • IamTheDanger
    DayvBang wrote:
    Yeah, he was originally intended for the main game, but they never finished balancing him and decided to move on from the Dark Reign storyline.

Yeah, I remember now. They said there were design problems. That his artwork had to show him with his helmet off so he didn't get confused with Tony Stark. But we also have his icon, and they do have his designs already completed. So I'm still hoping they might add him someday. We can always use more villains in they game.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic wrote:
    Yeah, but not really. OML will only be unusable in PvP when X-Force or Patch [or 2Wolvie] are featured.

You missed one.
    Magic wrote:
    And his main use is the PvP climb.

Please tell that to all the 5* teams at high points I am hopping against, that they are supposed to put OML away after 1st shield.

Of course, some of them aren't shielding until 1500+ pts....

Well in fact it is just Patch, neither XForce or 2Wolvie are featured as the central char in PvP anymore.

And OML just for climbing ?!?!?!?! Maybe if you have not a 360+ level OML...

Silver Surfer is so bad I don't think anybody should use him if any other 5 or even buffed 350+ top5 4s can be used instead. I guess a 450+ level SS is better than the 4s, but in no way he is closer to any of the other 5s. His only good power is blue. As I said he needs a buff ASAP

I will level him eventually (after Cyclops, Rhulk, Xpool and Carnage) just because it is the 5 with more covers I have right now :_( I guess I could use him sometimes for PvE when Venom is present as a meat shield and because he is unstunnable.

It is so sad to see SS, one of the most powerful chars of the Marvel Universe as the lamest 5 icon_e_sad.gif Buff him ASAP for god's sake!!!!
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Thread title is misleading. Asking whether he should level SS over Phx or BSSM, but talking mostly about OML lockout.

If OML is locked out, use one of the other 5* if you have them. Highly unlikely that Phx is locked out. Phx has teen jean and that's all. If by some chance they have a spidey/wolvie/jean node, just use someone else...
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Well in fact it is just Patch, neither XForce or 2Wolvie are featured as the central char in PvP anymore.

Read OP. Thread is not limited to PVP. With EotS coming up after Simulator, you'll be seeing plenty of OMLs locked out by ... 2Wolvie icon_e_wink.gif

Mmm well I know the OP talks also about PvE, but you should read Magic comment you were referencing again, he was clearly splitting in two different sentences PvP and PvE, and in the part you copied, he was just talking about PvP, this is why I said for PvP the only problem is Patch, so just one PvP every 40, not that many ...

In PvE is not that bad in general even though XForce, Patch and XWolvie can block you, because this is usually one or two nodes out of nine (except for enemy of the state), like in this week's simulator (2 nodes blocked I think). You can use any other maxed 4 in those nodes and you are fine. And in most PvE the AI always plays villains, so 0 nodes blocked. But I guess in the future you will just level GG and that's it, he doesn't have counterpart as 4, 3 or 2, and he also happens to be very good icon_razz.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Ah, the woe of being a 5* player! ZzzzZzzzz icon_lol.gif

I guess when you're consistently facing 395s, anything less than a 5* is unusable for the most part. icon_e_confused.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    I guess when you're consistently facing 395s, anything less than a 5* is unusable for the most part. icon_e_confused.gif
    isn't it topped out at 326 now for non-goons? goons still go to 395, but not regular characters. are others still seeing 395 regular characters?