Idea for New Dynamic to Shake Things Up

ECOcrush
ECOcrush Posts: 86 Match Maker
I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool if your team got some kind of bonus for being made up of characters that are a legit team in the comic books / movies.

Like if you pick three characters that are:
- X-men
- Fantastic 4
- Defenders
- original avengers
- the Kabal
- guardians of the galaxy
- Spiderman / Symbiotes (kind-of already build of each other with web tiles)

Bonuses could be a percentage bump in health, strength, etc. Maybe increased odds for specific rewards? I know the developers try to make characters powers and colors build off each other based off relationships in the comic books anyway but I think a bonus would be cool too. It would create an incentive to recruit, level up, and use characters based on another factor besides their individual merits.

What do you guys think ?

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would be cool (and I still remember x-men fraction boosts so there was some initial thinking about it) but won't happen.

Just got this from Devs: We are too busy working on new Heroes and Villains for you. Aint nobody got time for anything else.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Reed's yellow has a bump in the ability if you have other FF members on your team. I thought this was supposed to be the devs' way around having to build a new mechanic into the game for team specific bonuses, but I don't have a source at the moment. We also haven't seen this since, so who knows.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel like to avoid encouraging cookie-cutter teams (which are already pretty rampant in the endgame) the bonuses would have to be so small as to not be worth going out of your way for. And in that case, why bother at all?

I actually would prefer that characters' abilities just synergize well, like the X-Force Wolverine and Deadpool combo.
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    It would be interesting to see impact on B or C class characters that you wouldn't consider to level and put ISO in, but on the other hand, if there would be a great bounus using it in certain team set ups...
    In general I would welcome something like this, but the bonus should come from single powers, like Reed's, instead of introducing a new layer of character interaction, so the attempt was already made. Also the bonus couldn't even be granted if someone is in same team but there could be a bonus if someone is in a line up where a certain team is not represented. For example new villian gets bonus if no Avenger is in your team.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    I always thought this was a good idea. When Ghost Rider was announced I really had high hopes for the whole villain vs hero concept, but it ended up being a bit of a letdown.

I think that many xmen should be giving bonuses to each, health/power/etc.
    Ally bonus! Anything to break apart the static team structure. Although buffed characters do go a long way.