Will we be seeing Submariner and Emma Frost?

Options
The Cabal has now shown.

This means that we would see Submariner and Emma Frost, right?

As I recalled, isn't Emma Frost one of the good guys? Heard she was a really bad girl as the White Queen, though....

Comments

• Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe. It depends on exactly when we are at in the storyline. Emma Frost and Namor were part of the Cabal and the Dark Xmen, but they turned on Osborne for creating a machine to depower mutants. The idea was that they joined the cabal to protect their own people.

Ideally this mystery way of tracking Magneto hinted at in the storyline would boil down to Emma's handiwork, except she is one of the good guys. Erasing the memories of the rest of the Cabal could be her though as she was hiding her membership of the Cabal from Scott.

And Psylocke confirmed Magneto is Magneto and Nick Fury is Nick Fury, but maybe Psylocke is Mystique...
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The story in the current event is certainly seeming to allude to the presence of Emma (what with Magneto's missing memories). I'm expecting her to premier soon [as a 3*], and give the Villain LRs 6 characters, to match the Hero LRs.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    Maybe. It depends on exactly when we are at in the storyline. Emma Frost and Namor were part of the Cabal and the Dark Xmen, but they turned on Osborne for creating a machine to depower mutants. The idea was that they joined the cabal to protect their own people.

Ideally this mystery way of tracking Magneto hinted at in the storyline would boil down to Emma's handiwork, except she is one of the good guys. Erasing the memories of the rest of the Cabal could be her though as she was hiding her membership of the Cabal from Scott.

And Psylocke confirmed Magneto is Magneto and Nick Fury is Nick Fury, but maybe Psylocke is Mystique...

That would be pretty amazing for the Mystique reveal if there's a PVE of some sort with Psylocke and she just transforms into Mystique at some point in the event.
  • They were part of Cabal, but they did very little. In fact I do not recall Namor doing anything at all on his own?
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Having gone back and had a re-read, Osborne did get a hold of Xavier and had some psychic dampening stuff and had him injured/tortured.

Possibly it's not Emma but Xavier providing the mindwipes and info.
  • I do not remember for sure, but I would guess that is more Loki handwork.
  • If magneto was mystique, that would be awesome! It would be so unexpected.
    This gives them a chane to add her and emma. Or Xavier. I also think they coud make cameo characters for those " unidentified mutants".
  • Is there is a topic or a wiki page about the story and dialogs of the events and missions? It would be great if we had a place where we can read what has happened in events we weren't able to participate, or on missions we couldn't open.
  • The game plays very fast and very loose with the DR storyline so I wouldn't really trust it as a barometer.
  • It's pretty cool how the game is releasing some characters of the story line as the in-game story progresses. I have never read the comics so I don't know what will happen next, but reading this thread, it seems pretty cool.
  • windfallstar
    Options
    Keep in mind that they're not limited to Dark Reign versions of the characters, although a good chunk would logically come from that period in the comics. Actually, has there been word on what will happen after they exhaust the Dark Reign storyline? Will the game move onto another period in the comics or just be stopped?
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Watch our for Frankencastle yo!