Roster advice - 3* transition

Options
macgawel
macgawel Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
edited March 2016 in Roster and Level Help
I've got 2 spare slots in my roster, and some new heroes, and I don't really know what to keep and throw.
(And I will certainly need help at some other time, so I'll just have to update the topic)

So, here is my roster...
1 star.png (for the DDP)
icon_storm.png 50
icon_ironman.png 50

2 star.png :
icon_daken.png 107
icon_hawkeye.png 107
icon_magneto.png 107
icon_storm.png 107
icon_thor.png 107
icon_ares.png 106
icon_blackwidow.png 106
icon_captainamerica.png 38 (2/0/3)

3 star.png :
icon_thor.png 106 (3/5/4)
icon_gamora.png 106 (4/0/4)
icon_magneto.png 102 (5/2/3)
icon_blackpanther.png 102 (3/3/3)
icon_blade.png 102 (5/2/2)
icon_kamalakhan.png 89 (2/2/3)
icon_deadpool.png 78 (4/0/1)
icon_mystique.png 78 (1/0/4)
icon_rocket.png 78 (2/1/3)
icon_scarletwitch.png 78 (4/0/1)
icon_ironfist.png 76 (2/2/2)
icon_doctordoom.png 55 (2/1/1)
icon_hood.png 55 (2/1/1)
icon_blackwidow.png 55 (2/0/1)
icon_cyclops.png 53 (2/0/1)
icon_daken.png 53 (2/0/1)
icon_lukecage.png 53 (2/0/1)
icon_doctoroctopus.png 50 (2/0/0)
icon_ironman.png 43 (1/1/0)
icon_captainamerica.png 43 (1/0/1)

4 star.png :
icon_thor.png 106 (0/3/0)
icon_redhulk.png 94 (1/2/1)
icon_carnage.png 74 (1/0/1)
icon_jeangrey.png 70 (0/0/1)
icon_kingpin.png 70 (0/1/0)
icon_professorx.png 70 (1/0/0)
icon_falcon.png 70 (0/1/0)
icon_spidergwen.png 70 (0/1/0)

And my new heroes :
2 star.png
icon_bullseye.png x 3
icon_moonstone.png x 2
icon_ms_marvel.png x 3
icon_humantorch.png x 4
icon_wolverine.png

3 star.png
icon_bullseye.png
icon_vision.png x 2
icon_caroldanvers.png
icon_squirrelgirl.png

4 star.png
icon_antman.png
icon_ghostrider.png

My reflexions for now :
- I don't use much Ares (I'm playing Thor), so I could throw him. But He's champ' so I should keep him to get the bonuses...
- Not sure about the Steve Rogers. They seems to be good for PVE. But neither 2* nor 3* are upped, so perhaps I should throw them ?
- Not sure about Gamora and Rocket. I don't use them alot (and don't give good character when champ'ed), but they're high level so ?..
- Not sure about the Docs (Ock & Doom). They're not high level, but I've read they're usefull in some cases (mainly pve).
- Not sure if I should keep FalcCap. He seems to have some utility in PVE. And if I keep him, I should keep the Steve Rogers (to champ' them)
- All others should be keeped, I think.

- I should NOT use Moonstone, Torch, Squirrel nor Vision ?
- To fill my 2 free slots, I've got my two 4*, but they don't seem to be really useful...
- Also, I can go 2*Wolverine (and hope to champ' him, and get Patch)
- Or use Bullseyes (2* and 3*). Villains (good for some events), not so bad, and the 3* champ' to KingPin (which is good)
- Not sure about the Ms Marvels. In fact, I don't have much to say about them so perhaps I should'nt use them ?

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would roster any and all 4*s you can and keep all covers. eventually those will be highly important, even if they don't seem like it now. and you said you have 2 open slots, so those are covered.

of your other characters, your 2cap is not covered and you haven't put much iso into him. he is a weak character and could easily be sold for the slot. 3cap is very strong and keep trying to get him covered. of the 3*s in waiting for you, personally I'd roster vision and either 3*marvel or 3*bullseye. if you need to sell another to get those, I'd roster those over keeping doc ock. dr doom is very strong, mainly for that purple, but slow. doc ock is very good in very limited situations and overall is not very useful unless you're facing someone with lots of special tiles.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You look to have an already well established 2* roster so you should be focusing on your 3*s and potentially 4*s for the essential nodes in PVE. Moose has some good advice already to that point. While they may not be the best, at this point having every 3* you can so you can do their DDQ fight can really help advance your roster.

One other thing I would suggest is drop your 1* storm and replace her with a Juggernaut and cover and level him up. Once he is leveled up, you can then sell off your 1* IM. Juggs can handle the 1* DDQ fight all by himself and that would free up a slot eventually.
  • macgawel
    macgawel Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks for help.

So :
    -I've rostered AntMan (and I've lost GhostRider due to internet problems icon_cry.gif )
    - I've rostered Juggernaut (lvl 30 for now) and dumped others star.png
    - dumped 2cap
    - rostered Vision and 3Bullseye
    gamependium roster

And.... I gained some covers, so I've got new questions, now :
    - 2Wolverine x 5 => do I try to champ' him (to get Patch covers), or do I dump ?

- I've got new 3 star.png (3CapMarvel, Squirrel, Loki, Daredevil x 2) and 4 star.png (quake and 4Wolverine). And only two free roster.
    Should I priorize 4 star.png (for later) or 3 star.png (for DDQ) ?

My opinion :
    - Dump all new 2 star.png covers (but Wolvie and Torch seems good, so ?...)
    - Keep/roster all my 4 star.png characters
    - Dump my worst 3 star.png to get new (better) => roster Loki, sell Marvel and Squirrel, and dump DocOck. Problem is, what about DD ? and later, which ones to dump ?