Best Passive Power

cooperbigdaddy
cooperbigdaddy Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
What is your favorite passive power?

Do you like ones that come about when you're damaged?
(Captain Marvel's absorption, Hulk's anger, Storm's tempest, etc)

What about ones that create tiles?
(Iron Fist's iron fist, Luke Cage's skin tile, Blade's army of tiny swords, etc)

Oh! What about random stuff??
(OBW or Hood draining those suckers dry, Loki and Jean saying "slow down!", Falcon's birdie, etc)

What do YOU think? Because the poll can only go up to 15 selections, I'm just going to group as best I can and then we can discuss more in the thread.

Obviously some are great by themselves and some are terrible solo but amazing with other powers. Let's vote!

p.s. I searched and couldn't find a passive power poll anywhere else. If there is, please disregard. icon_e_smile.gif
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    The correct answer is Teen Jean's "Steal/Stun/Damage" passive. Its amazing how often a match five pops up even when you are actively avoiding them.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Hood's passive I think is still by far the best in the game. He's not seeing a lot of use now cause he's a 3-star with absurdly low health and the game is now focused in the 4-star tier, but give any 4-star with decent health his passive and I guaranteed they'd become the one of the most used characters instantly.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I 2nd Hood's passive as being the best.
    After that it's a bit of a scrap... OML's passive healing, Prof X... I actually have a lot of fun with Hawkeye's passive as well.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Konman wrote:
    The correct answer is Teen Jean's "Steal/Stun/Damage" passive. Its amazing how often a match five pops up even when you are actively avoiding them.

I'm going to second this statement.
    Teen Jean has one of the few undercosted/overpowered abilities in the game.

IMO Dormammu's Aid is not quite as powerful as Psychic Feedback. Both can be mitigated by careful play, although an un/lucky cascade could flood the board with a particular colour meaning DA is going to be stealing it every turn - that may or may not be a colour that you're actively trying to collect. Conversely, an un/lucky cascade against Jean that creates a match-5 will hit your strongest colour and will damage you and will give your opponent two uncontested turns.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Currently damage triggers are the worst passives.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    For me, it's hard to beat my OML healing 3k a turn. Hulkbuster hits me for 10k health and I don't even care. I can't count the number of health packs he's saved me.
  • Hood's passive I think is still by far the best in the game. He's not seeing a lot of use now cause he's a 3-star with absurdly low health and the game is now focused in the 4-star tier, but give any 4-star with decent health his passive and I guaranteed they'd become the one of the most used characters instantly.

I think that Hood is still getting a fair bit of play by higher tier players floating around 1k waiting for queues or health. Pairing him with a high-damage boosted 4* or 5*character with a move that your opponent absolutely does not want you to fire off is effective not so much that it's a difficult combination to beat, but that it's annoying with a high probability of costing a health pack. Boosted Jean's cheap purple does 8k damage to team, enough that most people are going to be on the "should I heal" fence for one or two characters and it can be tough for most rosters to kill Hood before he grabs a pretty big chunk of the necessary AP.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tile generators for me, IF and OML and their ilk, free damage is free!