shielding in vs

Options
adamdivine
adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Aside from the limited amount of info available from the leader boards, is there any way to tell if the person you are about to hit is shielded? I don't use line, and was wondering if there is any other way to know.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    adamdivine wrote:
    Aside from the limited amount of info available from the leader boards, is there any way to tell if the person you are about to hit is shielded? I don't use line, and was wondering if there is any other way to know.
    No, not really. That's why it's customary to wait a little while so the target has a chance to shield up, but of course you don't always have that luxury...
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    Try skipping to see if you can find them again. If not, then they're shielded. icon_e_wink.gif
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Seems like a waste of Iso...
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think she was being facetious.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ludaa wrote:
    Try skipping to see if you can find them again. If not, then they're shielded. icon_e_wink.gif

Better way is to hit them then skip to see if you can find them. If you can't then they are shielded. If after hitting you find them again that could be a cached queue so hit again. If you find them again after the second hit then they probably aren't shielded.

I'm so helpful today! icon_lol.gif
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    adamdivine wrote:

No, not really. That's why it's customary to wait a little while so the target has a chance to shield up, but of course you don't always have that luxury...

Customary? Whose custom? No one ever waits to see if I'm shielded.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Konman wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    adamdivine wrote:

How long are you usually unshielded?
  • Konman
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Konman wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    adamdivine wrote:

How long are you usually unshielded?

Longer than "a little while" apparently. And if I am supposed to wait to make sure other players are shielded, then I'll get hit even more. When I get over 800 pts, in fewer than 2 matches I get hit multiple times.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I see an 8 hour cooldown listed on the shield screen. I have no idea how that mechanic works but how can people shield hop if you have to wait 8 hours?
  • Konman
    Options
    HaywireII wrote:
    I see an 8 hour cooldown listed on the shield screen. I have no idea how that mechanic works but how can people shield hop if you have to wait 8 hours?

There are 3 different shields, and the cool down is for a specific shield, not shielding in general. For example, you buy the 3-hour shield, and you have to wait 8 hours before you buy another 3-hour shield. Meanwhile, who can still buy either the 8 or 24-hour varieties.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Konman wrote:
    Longer than "a little while" apparently. And if I am supposed to wait to make sure other players are shielded, then I'll get hit even more. When I get over 800 pts, in fewer than 2 matches I get hit multiple times.
    That's why you search for targets while shielded, wait a while so they have a chance to shield, then unshield, hit the targets fast and then reshield.
    As mentioned though courtesy is a luxury you cannot always afford. Once you are past your equilibrium point you hit what you can, obviously.