In Honor of Women's Month, Unskilled Shot >>> Wild Shot

2»

Comments

• Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Marine8394 wrote:
    What part of anything I said went beyond a simple opinion?

How about...you stating it as fact by using phrases like "It's a slight". and "It is what it is" implying there's no room for debate on whether it is or is not a slight on her gender.

I thought we were debating all day, and obviously still are. Again I will say again, the character in discussion has been given a vague, generalized, assumpted nature to her. I also said it is not a huge thing. Can female character be misrepresented in a harmful way yes. Does the realm of possibility exsist this one could, yes. Is it vast? Hopefully not. More than likely not. In all of life I would rather care and argue for the small debates than stare blindly at what is hugely ignored. I know that you may feel I have not read and heard you, but I have.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Marine8394 wrote:
    Marine8394 wrote:

How about...you stating it as fact by using phrases like "It's a slight". and "It is what it is" implying there's no room for debate on whether it is or is not a slight on her gender.

I thought we were debating all day, and obviously still are. Again I will say again, the character in discussion has been given a vague, generalized, assumpted nature to her. I also said it is not a huge thing. Can female character be misrepresented in a harmful way yes. Does the realm of possibility exsist this one could, yes. Is it vast? Hopefully not. More than likely not. In all of life I would rather care and argue for the small debates than stare blindly at what is hugely ignored. I know that you may feel I have not read and heard you, but I have.

I'm actually more curious as to what your overall point is. Every time I've tried to counter what I think your point is, you're telling me I have it wrong.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Marine8394 wrote:
    Marine8394 wrote:

I'm actually more curious as to what your overall point is. Every time I've tried to counter what I think your point is, you're telling me I have it wrong.

Ah. Take this correctly please. I do not say you are wrong. I do not not say I am wrong. I just say it is perspective.
    Once upon a time two wolves were marking territory when they both approached the same rock. For the better part of the day they circled the rock pissing on what they thought was the others side. Fiiiinally after hours one said; Let's just go to the stream/bar/pub/corner tabernacle of refreshment and have a drink and talk about clouds we have seen. icon_e_biggrin.gif Have a beautiful weekend.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Hey I have an idea, let's all

...award.... gross ...men

Ready....GO!

HOW DARE YOU!!
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Not that I particularly care about the topic either, but I do care about communicating facts.

The definition of "slight" is "a failure to show proper respect". If we're going to talk about how something is a slight against women, let's at least do that with a clear idea of the meaning of the word.

My opinion is that coming up with the idea of connecting "a fictional woman is bad at something" with "all women are bad at that thing" is sexist, and absolutely a slight against women.

My understanding is that nothing in the game ever did that, though, and that any actual sexism is coming from commenters. I regard the claim that one implies the other to be an inherently sexist thing to do.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Sure, she's shooting wildly because she's a female now, Is that any better?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the former name was a slight to somebody looking for one then wild shot doesn't really fix that, they should have added male analysts so that both sexes could be unskilled. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Locking thread, if you find something offensive about one of the goons or chars, please PM one of the Demiurge empoyees.
This discussion has been closed.