Alliance contribution

Options
gpep024
gpep024 Posts: 20
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
This isn't a recruiting thing so please don't move there just yet. Just trying to get some feedback on a couple of things before the weekend.

So my current alliance is mostly made up of people that know each other from the same bar. There are a few members that are only members due to work place relationships. We really don't have any requirements for events, our only request is that you play daily. We do have some real grinders, both in PVP & PVE. But in most events on either side we only get about 10 players. Again most of the 20 play something everyday.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any feedback on the difference between 10-15 grinders on any event and what we experience (1-5,depends on event). Compared to 2-3.

I'm really curious if few of us that play a little of everything(alot of some) would benefit much if the alliance replaced 2-5 players that only do DPD.
Thoughts?

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Isn't the obvious answer yes?

If you replace people that only play DPD and gain people that play PVE or PVP its going to increased the points you earn as an alliance.

At least I think thats what you are asking.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    Isn't the obvious answer yes?

If you replace people that only play DPD and gain people that play PVE or PVP its going to increased the points you earn as an alliance.

At least I think thats what you are asking.
    Obviously this.

If you are wanting your alliance to get more rewards you can always merc out the DDQ-only players at the end of the events. Just make sure they understand, you don't want to ruin IRL friendships over a stupid match-3 game.
  • gpep024
    gpep024 Posts: 20
    Options
    I guess I meant is there really a noticible difference if an alliance adds 1-2 grinders?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gpep024 wrote:
    I guess I meant is there really a noticible difference if an alliance adds 1-2 grinders?

That depends on where you're finishing alliance rank now.

If you're finishing just below a reward tier*, then yeah the extra player or two would probably push you into the next reward tier.

If you're finishing in the middle to bottom of a reward tier*, then no, 1-2 players likely aren't the difference.

*note reward tiers for alliance are 101-250, 251-500, 501-1000, 1001-10000
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I will give you this advice. One of my friends recently joined my alliance. He was in a similar alliance to yours where players would play only DPDQ skip a lot of events, and would never place really high. He joins my alliance which is a top 100 and he plays significantly more, places higher and has made significantly more progress in one season then he had in the previous three seasons. Just by playing with better people and getting tips on who to level and who to play makes a difference. By being in a active alliance each player feels more obligated to play more and score higher.
    The better players you play with e better rewards you get, and the better rewards you get the more you want to play.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gpep024 wrote:

With 10 active, I'm guessing it would, so long as those 1-2 extra are at the top of the heap.

My alliance is similar - about 10 people play in the team events. Generally only 1-2 make top progression prize, 3-4 get just below that, and the rest contribute something. If 1-2 more of my alliance did as well as the top player in an event, the alliance would've moved up a tier on Galactus and gotten the first cover.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As stated before, this depends on where you're placing now. You're not getting into top 100 with that allicance, don't even bother thinking about it. Top 250 is significantly easier than top 100 but only offers slightly better rewards than 250-500. The only real difference is in pve sub rewards. Top 250 gets a heroic token, below that it's just standards.

Like wymtime said, if you really want to accelerate progress, you have to get into top 100. I did it for about 15 seasons and dropped out, top 250 is good for me now.
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options
    More important information is needed from the OP. Where is this bar that people sit around, drink and play mpq?
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I kinda doubt that grinders are going to want to join an alliance like that (and if they did, they could pick one at random in the game and do as well). If you want to be in a group with people who don't compete, then you aren't going to competitive.

I used to be part of a similar group, who divided into two different alliances. One for being casual and one for being competitive. And people could switch around between the two at will, as long as someone was willing to switch with you, which you usually could. That may be a workable solution for you, if you have enough people interested in both to fill them out.