To drop Iron Man (35) or not?

Options
Been thinking about dropping some levelled characters as my roster space is filling fast and I think a nice lil core team is forming. Dont judge the abilities... still trying to get covers to respec but here goes...

Ive seperated them out into groups of which i use, which i am unsure of and which are still in training.

***CORE TEAM***
Lvl 50 Thor MN - 5/4/4
Lvl 50 Storm Classic 5/5/2
Lvl 50 Wolverine Astonishing 3/4/3
Lvl 50 OBW 4/4/1
Lvl 45 Magneto MN 4/1/4
Lvl 30 Captain America 3/5/2

***UNSURE***
Lvl 30 Iron Man 35 5/5/3
Lvl 30 Storm Modern 5/5/3
Lvl 30 Daken 5/2

****Still Training****
Lvl 18 The Hulk 1/0/1
Lvl 16 Psylocke 0/1/1
Lvl 15 Magneto Classic 1/0/0
Lvl 15 Patch 1/0/0
Lvl 32 Invisible Woman 0/1/1

Now out of the Unsureteam, who should I sell?

Also.. any easy way to get covers for the Still Training list?

Sorry for another roster question but you guys are the geniuses so worth an ask!

Thanks!

Comments

• Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Move Storm Modern up to your Keepers. When there is a jungle or desert event, she's often the best character, just because she is an extreme AP generator.

Looks like Iron Man 35 is the right choice, if you must drop.
  • hmm I was thinking she would be useful, Daken could be with the right team but IM35 just seems a waste of ISO once you get Thor.
  • If you drop IM35, you will kick yourself when a 1* tourney comes up. I know I did. Just spend 5-20$ and buy a ton of roster slots, it's the best investment you can make in this game.

Whats 5$? a few coffees?
    What is 20$? 1.5-2 fast food meals?

The arbitrary "i don't want to spend money on this game" is ridiculous, when 5-20$ could make your game so much better in the long run.

Also it supports the developers of the game you are playing! If you like the game, why wouldn't you support at least a little bit?
  • SirKopath wrote:
    If you drop IM35, you will kick yourself when a 1* tourney comes up. I know I did. Just spend 5-20$ and buy a ton of roster slots, it's the best investment you can make in this game.

Whats 5$? a few coffees?
    What is 20$? 1.5-2 fast food meals?

The arbitrary "i don't want to spend money on this game" is ridiculous, when 5-20$ could make your game so much better in the long run.

Also it supports the developers of the game you are playing! If you like the game, why wouldn't you support at least a little bit?

THIS
    I still regret that i sold my IM35 and my storm which i'm building again, spend $20 on a logan loonies, use 1250 of that to get 1 cover for the 3* you want to level up first and the rest use it on roster spots, i do that once a month, if i don't need a roster spot i use it either on 2 covers that are getting hard to get or to get some shields to help place better on pve events,
  • It isnt a case of spending money or not, I just never use him at all.
  • SirKopath wrote:
    If you drop IM35, you will kick yourself when a 1* tourney comes up.

If you don't care about the 1* tourney that shows up once in a while, then sell him. However if you don't like missing out on chances to win new 3* characters, then don't sell him.

That's pretty much it.
  • woah woah woah... I can get 3* from using 1*? :O
  • norrisn wrote:
    woah woah woah... I can get 3* from using 1*? :O

Yes. Every once in a while there is a tournament where you can ONLY use 1* Characters.
  • norrisn wrote:
    woah woah woah... I can get 3* from using 1*? :O

Yes. That's how I got my Psylocke. Also I still use Iron Man if one of my main guys is out because my 2* team isn't that strong yet.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about selling IM 35 right now, go ahead and do it. You didn't level him to full anyway.
    The 1* tourney just happened, if it happens again as soon as next month, you can have a ton of chances to build a new one. I literally built new mStorm and Venom in a couple of weeks or less.
    mStorm is worth a keep. Btw you can replace IM 35 with Juggernaut for 1* tourneys and not notice anything. (What I mean is that 1* covers come easily and you can build either a new IM 35 or a new Juggernaut depending which covers you get more often).
    Daken is very rarely buffed and often locked out even since he's a Dark Avenger. If you can level Wolvie, he fares better than Daken on max levels. Daken regenerates better and puts strike tiles easier, but he has little to no utility otherwise, and can even kill himself. I wouldn't delete him over IM 35 though, since there is such a thing as a Dark Avengers tournie, and Daken doesn't completely suck as a DA.
  • If you need the roster space, remember the one-star tourney really isn't that frequent, compared to all the ones where you'll be using characters at or near the top of your roster. I pretty much skipped a recent villains event owing to not having any decently levelled characters for it, and that was just a blip, really. You can see the one-star tourney the same way.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    norrisn wrote:
    Been thinking about dropping some levelled characters as my roster space is filling fast and I think a nice lil core team is forming. Dont judge the abilities... still trying to get covers to respec but here goes...

Ive seperated them out into groups of which i use, which i am unsure of and which are still in training.

***CORE TEAM***
    Lvl 50 Thor MN - 5/4/4
    Lvl 50 Storm Classic 5/5/2
    Lvl 50 Wolverine Astonishing 3/4/3
    Lvl 50 OBW 4/4/1
    Lvl 45 Magneto MN 4/1/4
    Lvl 30 Captain America 3/5/2

***UNSURE***
    Lvl 30 Iron Man 35 5/5/3
    Lvl 30 Storm Modern 5/5/3
    Lvl 30 Daken 5/2

****Still Training****
    Lvl 18 The Hulk 1/0/1
    Lvl 16 Psylocke 0/1/1
    Lvl 15 Magneto Classic 1/0/0
    Lvl 15 Patch 1/0/0
    Lvl 32 Invisible Woman 0/1/1

Now out of the Unsureteam, who should I sell?

Also.. any easy way to get covers for the Still Training list?

Sorry for another roster question but you guys are the geniuses so worth an ask!

Thanks!

Your wolverine and Thor levels mean you're never going to use im35 again except in 1* tournaments, which as the last poster noted, arent frequent. If you need the space toss him without a thought
  • Your wolverine and Thor levels mean you're never going to use im35 again except in 1* tournaments, which as the last poster noted, arent frequent. If you need the space toss him without a thought

This. Also as earlier noted: many PvE tourneys will overflood you with Standard tokens that will highly likely give you more IM35 covers than you care to receive. If you ever get the second thoughts, you can rebuild IM35 in short time. But since he is inferior tank/hitter compared to 2* characters like Wolvie and Thor I doubt he will be useful anymore outside those mentioned rare 1* PvP tournaments.