Same Five star character every time.

whitecat31
whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
This just has to be a bug. The odds are too astronomical. Something like 1.59 x E-10. I know this is going to sound strange, but because of this bug I am extremely frustrated with this game and customer services handling of this. (Blew me off).
Basically my last 15 or so five star token_legendary.png covers have been either a green or red icon_jeangrey.png Jean Grey.
I am sitting with three extra in my inventory right now. Sure, my five star Jean Grey is covered with 5 green 1 purple and 5 red. That is not the point.
I don't want to level her up, because the matchmaking algorithm would just get me slaughtered and I also clearly don't have another decently covered 5 star.
Why should I put time effort and $$ into this game, when my goals are going to be thwarted by some bug. I can't progress.

Samsung Model SM-G900V (It's an S5)
Android Version 5.0

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    whitecat31 wrote:
    The odds are too astronomical.
    Yes, they are. But don't worry, some genius will probably pop into this thread and tell you that you're just a victim of selection bias, rather than a victim of a phony odds table.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    I got fives Elektra purple in a row followed by Four Ant-Man Purple followed by 3 Mr Fantastic Black.

The thing is, when you're experiencing an outlier, it feels off. Stastically, we DO expect things like your situation to happen. When asked to pick out random patterns, humans tend to pick out patterns that aren't actually random, thinking they are random. Actual randomness, we usually feel is rigged, one way or another.