Had a minor save scare. Is there any form of backup?

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
Had to reboot my computer and Steam took forever to close so I selected "Close anyway" and rebooted. Came back and got that Steam error where it says it can't sync up to the Cloud server and so on. Normally this is because I'm trying to get into something before Steam's sorted itself out.

It did eventually sort itself out, but it left me slightly anxious about my info. I know there's a file on my computer with my roster info and such, and I know it backs up to Steam's cloud. hat I'm worried about is if something happens to my save and somehow a fresh start save file is created and uploaded to the cloud, overwriting my existing cloud save account info stuff.

Is there any way to come back from that? If my account somehow got wiped, can the devs do a rollback of any kind?
I didn't want to ask this in the technical bugs forum because I'm not reporting a bug or anything, I'm merely asking for my own peace of mind. I'd rather not manually back up the file on my computer every night "just in case" =)

Comments

• morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Is there any way to come back from that? If my account somehow got wiped, can the devs do a rollback of any kind?

They can. In the event of a complete catastrophe, CS will be able to restore your account for you.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good to know. Wasn't sure how much account information they'd have. I figured it could be done, but it's nice to be sure.