MPQ At Marvel.com: Quake Shakes Thing Up

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey, there!

Better grab onto something and hold tight – Quake is rumbling into MPQ this week!

It was revealed earlier today that Quake is coming to Marvel Puzzle Quest. We know that first details were light and you’d like to learn more. So, now’s the time to rattle and roll over to Marvel.com for deeper info on Daisy Johnson. D3 Go!'s Josh Austin provides a first look at 4-Star Quake’s earth-shattering abilities. Additional screenshots are on display.

You can find it RIGHT HERE.

PIECING TOGETHER MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST: QUAKE
Quote:
"Marvel.com: Ok lay it on us: what are her abilities? I have a feeling she’s gonna be great at shaking up the board.

Josh Austin: You are definitely right! The first power she has is Earthquake, causing everything around Quake to shake, bringing buildings down and opening the Earth at her feet to deal damage. And it completely reshuffles the board!
"

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So her bio gives her Agents of SHIELD origin, but attached to a Secret Warriors cover that has nothing to do with it. I wonder how many people hunt down back issues based on character appearances?

On a happier note, Resonance Frequency confirmed for new hotness X-Pool synergy now that Kingpin doesn't work with Countdown For What.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Oh, cool, Quake. What a surprise. Yes, this is a totally surprising turn of events that I imagine none of us could have foreseen.

Edit: I just realised that Quake may be as close to The Shocker as we're going to get. I may have to actually work hard for those covers.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,314 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Blah, I was expecting Earthquake to be much cheaper (a la Loki's Illusions.) On the other hand, 4.4k AoE damage is quite good for the cost.

Interesting that Josh went with 3 on her blue. I'm guessing that it will be something like 7 tiles at 3 and all tiles at 5, so in average you'll only get 2-3 more tiles from the 2 additional covers?
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Blah, I was expecting Earthquake to be much cheaper (a la Loki's Illusions.) On the other hand, 4.4k AoE damage is quite good for the cost.

Interesting that Josh went with 3 on her blue. I'm guessing that it will be something like 7 tiles at 3 and all tiles at 5, so in average you'll only get 2-3 more tiles from the 2 additional covers?

Her character page is up.

You want her passive at 5 because it reduces AoE damage by 3,394. I can't even imagine how strong that will be when max boosted with a boosted Thing or 4Pool.

I would consider her at 3/5/5 as a pure teammate if others can use the green AP. Then you get full board shake, no AoE damage, and excellent cascade potential. If no green users, then reconfig her to 5/5/3.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,314 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Buret0 wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

You want her passive at 5 because it reduces AoE damage by 3,394. I can't even imagine how strong that will be when max boosted with a boosted Thing or 4Pool.

I would consider her at 3/5/5 as a pure teammate if others can use the green AP. Then you get full board shake, no AoE damage, and excellent cascade potential. If no green users, then reconfig her to 5/5/3.

This may be the 4* character than more than any other you want to max and promote to be able to swap abilities as needed. Her blue is extremely good against special tile spammers, specially CDs.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5 cover quake green may be my new favorite team up to receive!
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Looks like a solid character. I look forward to having her covered in 4-6 months, and then having the ISO to actually level her and use her by 2017.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Looks like a solid character. I look forward to having her covered in 4-6 months, and then having the ISO to actually level her and use her by 2017.

icon_lol.gif and with everything new character there add, the chance of randomly getting what you want gets smaller and smaller. Isn't it great?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

This may be the 4* character than more than any other you want to max and promote to be able to swap abilities as needed. Her blue is extremely good against special tile spammers, specially CDs.

I think that you probably don't want her passive at rank 5 if you're teaming up with Thing or 4Pool, so even a 5/3/5 build may be worth using in that scenario.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You definitely want it when teamed with Thing, because that way opponents can't use AOE attacks to dodge Rock Solid.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The article says she has the only power that shakes up the entire board... Doesn't MNMags at 5 Blue (if the CD stays out long enough to actually resolve) wipe the entire board, essentially giving you an entirely new board? I guess that's resetting the board instead of shaking the entire boards. Everyone loses their Special tiles then.
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    The article says she has the only power that shakes up the entire board... Doesn't MNMags at 5 Blue (if the CD stays out long enough to actually resolve) wipe the entire board, essentially giving you an entirely new board? I guess that's resetting the board instead of shaking the entire boards. Everyone loses their Special tiles then.
    One thing that I've read is Quake's power won't create matches. (ie it's like when the board resets if there are no valid matches for you, the board isn't going to reset and give you a big cascase) I don't know if MNMags' 5 Blue can "create its own" matches or not, but I suspect it can.