Comic Book Resources Interview: MPQ Quake!

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Greetings everyone!

In an interview today at Comic Book Resources, Marvel's Bill Rosemann has revealed that Daisy "Quake" Johnson is the next character arriving in Marvel Puzzle Quest!

Rumble on over for a FIRST LOOK.

We know this is merely a small tremor of info, but never fear - more on Quake coming very soon!

Quote:
"When adding a new character, our game studios have access to everything: the comics, the movies, and the TV shows. But we allow the game developers to do what's best for their game. In the case of 'Marvel Puzzle Quest,' its had a history of being closely tied to the comics. So it made sense for them to not just look at Quake as she appears on 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,' but also how she's appeared in such comics as 'Secret Warriors' and various 'Avengers' comics."

Comments

• Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Can we expect info on her stats today as well?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Jathro wrote:
    Can we expect info on her stats today as well?

That is the plan. We hope to have additional stats up later today or tomorrow.
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Great to hear and read the "official" announcement, but was hoping for more details / screenshots of the character. Gosh I can be so impatient.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Glad to see we are getting some more character art based of the Marvel TV shows and movies and not some creepy interpretation of the new comic art! coughIcemancough
  • Legasher
    Legasher Posts: 67 Match Maker
    I'm really excited. I've been asking for a number of the tv characters for a while, and Skye was definitely at the top of that list.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    This makes me so excited, I want to listen to my favorite music video by Chinese pop music artist Chloé Wang (汪可盈)!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNUvqIsYo7k
  • Is it fair to assume Daisy won't enter heroic or legendary tokens until the season after the upcoming? Given her release timing that is.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    looks like she'll be based off the comic version of Quake and not the TV show
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Cool, getting some SHIELD love. Quake, and I saw that Women of Power cover for Mockingbird, so she's probably next. Maybe we'll eventually see Maria Hill or Coulson. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    This makes me so excited, I want to listen to my favorite music video by Chinese pop music artist Chloé Wang (汪可盈)!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNUvqIsYo7k

Wow. That's some Chicago accent...
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arphaxad wrote:

Seems to be a mix. Her face does look somewhat like Skye's.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Arphaxad wrote:

Seems to be a mix. Her face does look somewhat like Skye's.
    Based on her bio in the Marvel interview, she'll basically be Skye, just with some comic element in her art.