New TV Series: "Oh no, I pulled the wrong 5!!!"

Polares
Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
From the creators of "I dont pull any 5s from LTs" and "Two whole season without pulling any 5", now comes "Oh no, I pulled the wrong 5!"

Yes my fellow players of MPQ, I have been saying for a while that SS is the lamest 5 ever and that he needs a buff, but it looks like devs thought differently and they have created a new monster 5 Green Goblin with power levels way above any other 5 except OML and they have NERFED Phoenix so her red now is closer to SS red (yes guys, they have nerfed Phoenix red A LOT. Who knew it was wrong like that?).

The result of these actions is that now there are basically two very good 5s, two meh/okeish 5s, and one very bad 5. So when you are super lucky and after 25 tokens you finally pull a 5, you think "yes! at long last" and then you see it is SS and you realize you just got screwed again!

OML > GG >>>>Phoenix > Spidey >>>>> SS

We always have had good and bad chars, but 4s, 3s, etc. are easier to win, so if you get a bad one it doesn't matter that much, but 5s? You need to be very lucky to win a 5, and when you see that you didn't get OML or GG you feel really 'miserable'. I think 5s need to have more consistent power sets between them, they all need to be powerful. Phoenix and Spidey need to be buffed slightly and SS need to be buffed quite a bit.

So please devs, don't wait two years to buff SS like you did for IM40, give us a proper Galaktus Herald, wilder of the Cosmic Power, give as a force of nature as Phoenix, and a proper Spiderman.

PS: Some super lame chars like Chulk or MrF NEED TO BE FIXED ASAP too.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    SS will be great when you give him 5 red and max champ him in a few years!!!
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    What was the Phoenix nerf? I also think you undervalue her a bit. Anyone in 5 star land that can cause cascades is a solid character.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Until last week, Phoenix's AP costs would change after resurrection - purple would increase from 7 to 8 while red would drop from 9 to 6. This was never documented anywhere official but was accepted as part of the character. As of last week the costs are always 7 purpletile.png and 9 redtile.png.
  • Polares
    westnyy2 wrote:
    What was the Phoenix nerf? I also think you undervalue her a bit. Anyone in 5 star land that can cause cascades is a solid character.

If I want to create cascades I would bring IF or KK, 7AP to get 7 red is not enough for creating cascades, you need to cast it twice, and maybe not even then you will create a big cascade (certainly at least a match-3). It is a good power don't get me wrong, but not OML-GG power level.

The nerf is that now when she resurrects the cost of her powers don't change, so 7 purple doesn't go to 8, and 9 red doesn't go to 6. So basically now her red is as garbage as SS red

At least her green is still very good after resurrected... (but you need to damage her on purpose, abandoning matches, etc. so she starts with less life and is easier to get killed, or she is not that useful).
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Wow, I didn't realize it. Thanks. Thanks for the open communication D3.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Phoenix and Spidey need to be buffed slightly and SS need to be buffed quite a bit.

Nerfs are never popular, but 5*'s are all extremely powerful...I'd argue OML really needs to be brought down to the others (and GG as well, if he's that great).
  • Polares
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    Phoenix and Spidey need to be buffed slightly and SS need to be buffed quite a bit.

Nerfs are never popular, but 5*'s are all extremely powerful...I'd argue OML really needs to be brought down to the others (and GG as well, if he's that great).

Yeah those guys that have spent 100k $ are going to love if OML or GG get nerfed icon_razz.gif

In general I think it is always better buffing than nerfing, but what it is obvious is that all 5 need to be closer in strength (as I said I would prefer if Phoenix and Spidey were slightly buffed and SS buffed a lot)
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    The enormous gap between 4* land and 5* land does not need to get bigger. I'm all for nerfs down to SS level.
  • My last 6 pulls have been 3 Phoenix green covers, and 3 BSS purple covers. I've nearly doubled the number of 5* covers I have without making my roster even the slightest bit more useful. icon_e_sad.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    westnyy2 wrote:
    Thanks for the open communication D3.

They're industry leaders.
  • Polares
    My last 6 pulls have been 3 Phoenix green covers, and 3 BSS purple covers. I've nearly doubled the number of 5* covers I have without making my roster even the slightest bit more useful. icon_e_sad.gif

Yeah this is exactly what I was talking about. You were lucky because you pulled some 5s, but then you were 'unlucky' because you pulled covers for the not most powerful 5s, and in Spidey case, for his passive power.

The difference in power between the different 5s need to shrink, there is always going to be some better than others ( it is really difficult make them useful/good and with the exact same power levels ), but make the difference smaller is not that difficult.

I think there is a rule they could follow that now doesn't apply:

- Any 5 should be able to kill (or almost kill) any other 5 if it gets 30 AP for his attack powers.

. GG and OML don't have problems to follow this rule
    . If Spidey has 30 blue AP he can cast his power five times, the first time it stuns so all the other attacks do full damage, that is 36k damage, not enough to kill but quite close (if the target was already stunned then the damage raises to 40k, so this power is probably good enough). With green he can only cast it twice so that is 30k.
    . If Phoenix has resurrected then she can kill the other team casting green three times for 48k. Her red on the other hand it would do 26k create some strike tiles and some enemy attack tiles (this power was ok when the cost was reduced to 6 but now it is really bad). Without resurrecting of course she can do nothing to kill a 5.
    . Then SS, if he casts his red 4 times he can do 32k.

So at least SS red, Phoenix red, Spidey green needs to be buffed (I also think SS blue should heal him almost completely and his black tile should be cheaper and completely indestructible). These small changes would level the playfield a bit and make all 5 useful.

There is no utility 5 right now, if it was then of course it would not need to follow this rule, this is an important consideration. If SS would create a ton of charged tiles or do any other thing right then he wouldn't need to be able to kill other 5s, but this is not the case
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Polares wrote:

Yeah those guys that have spent 100k $ are going to love if OML or GG get nerfed icon_razz.gif

I don't think anyone spent $100,000.00 in this game. Yet. icon_lol.gif