Random, useless colletions!

Options
paralistalon
paralistalon Posts: 153
edited March 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So you have high leveled characters and are getting bored. What better way to waste your time than by making a collection of multiple copies of your favorite Marvel character? No longer will you be disappointed when you open your fififtieth Captain America cover, just make one of each skill build and raise them all to 85 so you can pick which one you feel like playing that day, or always make sure you have a spare if one of them dies! Imagine the looks on other people's faces when they look at your roster and see a half dozen bagmans sitting there, a veritable bagman army!

So, has anyone done this yet? Show off your hard work here!

Comments

• kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm more inclined towards an army of cheap Juggernauts for tournaments. Headbutt all the way!
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    If I had roster spots I would probably aim for two characters of every 2* and lower. But I don't. So I maintain with what I have.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Which begs another issue. How about dropping the prices on Roster spots, seriously those things get expensive and at the rate they are releasing characters it's going to get very expensive.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Which begs another issue. How about dropping the prices on Roster spots, seriously those things get expensive and at the rate they are releasing characters it's going to get very expensive.
    +1 to this. I currently only have 30 slots. All filled. Anytime a new character comes out I have been ejecting useless characters in my eyes for the newest 3 star. If the addition of slots of more along the lines of 100 or even 50 HP at all times icon_e_biggrin.gif . I would be adding more characters to my roster all the time.
  • It is getting to be a bit silly. Buying roster slots easily costs half of a 3*** cover or more. And the wikia says the costs go up to 750 HP per slot now? Ewww....
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If I could afford the roster slots I probably would have about 5 Captain America's by now. Not that I ever really use 1... so god knows why I'd need 5... icon_neutral.gif
  • I have one of everybody, and my current roster slot cost is 450 herobucks. This is one of the biggest chokepoints in the game; if roster slots are going to indefinitely increase in price and characters are going to keep spewing out into the game, they need to add a few more reliable sources of Hero points.
  • So you have high leveled characters and are getting bored. What better way to waste your time than by making a collection of multiple copies of your favorite Marvel character? No longer will you be disappointed when you open your fififtieth Captain America cover, just make one of each skill build and raise them all to 85 so you can pick which one you feel like playing that day, or always make sure you have a spare if one of them dies! Imagine the looks on other people's faces when they look at your roster and see a half dozen bagmans sitting there, a veritable bagman army!

So, has anyone done this yet? Show off your hard work here!
    I don't think I could call sane someone who spends 70k ISO on several Captain America builds. Maybe another character if he has a ton of ISO and nowhere to spend it. Even in that case though we get a new *** hero every 2-4 weeks lately so I'm sure it would be more well spent there since they seem to be required in many missions.
  • I've started doing this not to collect but because low level heroes > high level heroes.
  • No, but I do have a lot of extra 1* toons I created room for in my roster that I primarily use for tanking. I then overwrite them with new characters as they come out.
  • Now that the **covers can be sold for 250 ISO, collecting them is a waste.