Steam on mobile

Alfje17
Alfje17 Posts: 3,759 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Does anybody here play MPQ through Steam on a mobile device? Been playing it for ages on my PC, but would like to continue playing it when I'm out and about and definitely don't want to start all over again!
So if anybody plays MPQ this way, could you let me know what device you use and how you like it?

Comments

• Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Try chrome remote desktop to connect an ipad (or otherwise) to your pc. Works great.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,399 Chairperson of the Boards
    didnt thinkyou could tried that one way and it was awful with drops and crashes.
  • rossmon
    rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    I haven't really played much through this, but i use teamviewer for remote desktop. I can access my full pc through another computer or my phone/tablet. It's free too. For mpq, I have only really used it to access my alt account that i use as a temp commander sometimes. But it works fine. I've played a few matches with it, a little lag but still ok. I wouldn't want to use it regularly though.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    slidecage wrote:
    didnt thinkyou could tried that one way and it was awful with drops and crashes.

Actually, my experience is totally the opposite. I actually get fewer drops and crashes than with the mobile app. If I leave wifi/cell range using the mobile app, it treats it as a crash. If I'm using chrome remote desktop, the only way to screw up my game is if my PC crashes or its landline goes down -- not common. If I'm using chrome remote desktop to connect ipad to PC, the ipad going down still leaves the pc version untouched. I can reboot the ipad entirely if desired, fire up remote desktop, and the game is there waiting for me to continue playing.
  • Another way is to start a mobile account and ask for a account transfer of your steam account to mobile.
    That's what I did and worked great now I never play on steam, play on a Samsung Note 4 now.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,759 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another way is to start a mobile account and ask for a account transfer of your steam account to mobile.
    That's what I did and worked great now I never play on steam, play on a Samsung Note 4 now.

Heard you could do that, but I believe it's a one way process: you can't go back to Steam afterwards and I would like to continue playing both on my PC and mobile.