Level up button displays incorrect level

DeNappa
DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
The level up button that is used to level up a character to his max level at once sometimes displays an incorrect level. For example, my Dr. Doom is level 122 but has 4/4/5 covers; his 'Level max' is 166, but the level up button says 'Level 160'. Similarly, my IW is 5/2/3 with 'Level Max' = 209, but the level up button says 'level 193'.
(I've noticed it on other characters as well, and an alliance member also noticed it)

I'm not sure if the ISO requirement display is off as well, or if it will take you to that level or to the actual max (I'm ISO starved so I can't check icon_mrgreen.gif)

Seen in v R95 on iOS.

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Max Level button, counterintuitively, shows the highest level that character can reach with the ISO you have on hand, plus a single purchase of up to $100. If that's not enough to reach their current level cap, you'll get situations like the one you're seeing now.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, this is dumb.
  • Ahdeska
    Ahdeska Posts: 3
    I experienced this same issue yesterday. I noticed it because I am making an effort to level up my Deadpool to Max for a Champion conversion. What bothers me was that I had him at the low 70K iso and when I went to level him up yesterday he was back at over 80k. ****!?!?

This seems shady to me, so I hope this is a glitch, but I basically wasted two days worth of effort and Iso leveling up a character that was reverted.
  • BlackSheep101
    You didn't lose anything, you just earned more ISO.

This "feature" causes so much confusion every time someone stumbles upon it. It's designed to drive you to the purchase screen, and they probably have some formula that says if they make the button show the highest level reachable with the largest ISO purchase they make 3 cents more per average user per day or some ****.

But it's not a bug-- just them putting revenue ahead of user experience.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait... Seriously? That's stupid. icon_rolleyes.gif
    [as if it were ever worthwile to buy ISO at that rate, lol]

Also, is this recent? It's the first time I noticed this.
  • BlackSheep101
    Nope, been around for ages. It comes up every couple of weeks. I was lucky enough to find out about it in the forums before encountering it, but it confounds many, many people.
  • Ahdeska
    Ahdeska Posts: 3
    I don't see any logic in the purple "Level Up" button displaying anything less than the Level Cap Max. I have a Wolverine (Patch), Human Torch (Classic), and Deadpool (It's Me...),all with 13 covers and a 166 Level Cap but different purple "Level Up" values.

I appreciate you explaining the "Level Up" button in regards to the Iso value displayed, and I'm not arguing what is normal, I just don't see the any logic that separates the three from each other.

What I know for sure was my Deadpool had a Level Cap Max of 164 in Sunday, which it doesn't today. Which caused me to question a lot of other items. icon_e_confused.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    Your 3 heroes have the same overall cost to reach 166, and you have just one ISO bank, so the only variable that would cause different max level values on the button is the current level of your heroes. If they were all at, say, 120 with no partial levels, they'd all have the same value on the button.

As for the number changing day to day, ISO earned and spent will cause that change.