Wait icon -- who is the X?

Cousin Simpson
Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
AKA the second-most important question I'll ever ask the devs. When the game is loading and the character logos start to cycle, one logo (right after Juggs's, I believe) is an X-Man logo but which doesn't seem to apply to a specific character. Is it just a generic X-Man insignia, or does it apply to someone that I'm not thinking of?

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Here it is, btw:

HUjnbv6.png

It's not used as a character icon. I don't recognise the blue pattern around the X either...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is something I've kept meaning to ask for a while. It's that white/blue style one. It looks kinda muscular.

Never been able to figure it myself, unless it's just a generic X Men symbol to say "Look! We have X-men in this game!"
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's the logo for the X-men from back when we had faction-specific damage boosts.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    What? I always assumed that was Storm's bust....
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    It's the logo for the X-men from back when we had faction-specific damage boosts.

It's not that. The boost back then was for Mutants rather than simply X-Men
    IQS64Bj.png

[EDIT] Sorry, didn't realise the image was still so large. Hidden it under a spoiler tag so it doesn't take up too much space.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    I miss Ice IX when I read questions like this - you could count on him to chime in eventually to answer MPQ trivia.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    I miss Ice IX when I read questions like this - you could count on him to chime in eventually to answer MPQ trivia.

Have faith, it is only Sunday night. I bet as soon as Cthulu see this (s)he will be all over this.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash wrote:
    Here it is, btw:

HUjnbv6.png

It's not used as a character icon. I don't recognise the blue pattern around the X either...

That's the one. The lacing makes me think of some kind of corset (Emma Frost?), but otherwise the color scheme isn't familiar.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    I'm dying to hear what this is!

Also, I have a hankerin' for Life Savers now.
  • Monged4life
    Monged4life Posts: 420
    Such a better boost than critical damage...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:

It's not that. The boost back then was for Mutants rather than simply X-Men
    IQS64Bj.png

[EDIT] Sorry, didn't realise the image was still so large. Hidden it under a spoiler tag so it doesn't take up too much space.
    There was a boost specifically for X-men too - I still have a few expired ones.
    That logo has a gold X on a red background, so it's the image in the middle of the loading screen. The White and blue parts' origin is still unknown.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I always assumed it was Storm. Matches classic Storm's outfit.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    We never got a response the last time this was brought up. viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=20048

I thought it would've been easier to guess since more X-Men have been added to the game.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Linkster79 wrote:

Have faith, it is only Sunday night. I bet as soon as Cthulu see this (s)he will be all over this.

Uh huh - I'm sure he will... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Linkster79 wrote:

Uh huh - I'm sure he will... icon_rolleyes.gif

Unless it's a new wallpaper ...