'Boosted' Characters Rebalancing Post-Champions

CaptainFreaky
CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
So now that the red post has finally run it's course and dropped off the 1st page of general, I thought I would log my problem & suggestion:

Problem: Post R91, the ability damage of 3* characters from level 167 to at least level 293 is dramatically lower than it was preR91. This has had a very noticeable and drastic impact on my ability to score progression awards in PVP, in particular those approaching the 4* cover award at 1000 points. I saw no evidence that 3* rosters were disproportionately winning PVP progression awards preR91, thus I don't understand the rationale provided by Demiurge that 3* characters when boosted were too powerful (ie more powerful than 4*). While I think a fully covered good 3* may indeed be more powerful a partially covered 4* when boosted, I would argue that is the case at level 166 as much as it is at level 240+.

Solution: In short, the reduction in damage for 3* from level 167 to approx level 290 should be restored to preR91 levels. If the concern is around boosts to championed 3* characters and the ability damage scaling that results above level 290, then I suggest you alter the ability damage scaling above level 290 to be a more gentle slope upwards. By doing this, 3* characters are more useful (yay roster diversity!), and this would allow players with predominantly 3* rosters a slightly improved chance with hard work to get to 1000 points in PVP and a designated 4* cover.

Alternate Solution: Provide ENHANCED opportunities for a 3* -> 4* transition player to get a SPECIFIC 4* cover. This could include reducing the PVP award threshold for a specific 4* cover from 1000 to 700-800, or providing other (realistic - not counting the slim 4* rewards in PVE) ways for players to work to earn a specific 4* cover.