Critical boosts, please, no more.

herm1978
herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
Does anyone actually like and use Critical boosts? I'm starting to hate getting them as rewards, which is a problem since the game likes to throws them at me.

Would be nice if you didnt get boosts that you already have maxed out, just give me 70 iso or something.

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll upvote these threads all day long.

But don't anyone argue that you like crit boosts. That's not the point. If you like your crit boosts, you can keep your crit boosts. But there's absolutely no reason why they should be PvE node awards. We never see any other boost awards in there. Keep them as battle drops, same as every other boost type.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Replacing them all with +1 All AP or even just the duo-color ones would make me pretty happy.

All I know is when I actually use Crit Boosts I don't get match-5's.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I literally don't think I've ever used a crit boost.

Crit Boosts. Not Even Once.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good, bad, or useless, 1 particular type of boost has no business being 1/7 of all pve node rewards. Especially not when the iso economy is so incredibly tight (and to be clear, this isn't a new development. The iso economy has been hard on players for more than ayear; the champion system just highlighted the problem by increasing the value of maxed characters. Iso has never been plentiful enough relative to the character release rate).
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Completely agree. Please respond and upvote. There is typically 9 nodes per pve sub. Make each one a different iso boost. There are currently 11 various boosts with two being hp boosts so the numbers would work perfectly.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Good, bad, or useless, 1 particular type of boost has no business being 1/7 of all pve node rewards. Especially not when the iso economy is so incredibly tight (and to be clear, this isn't a new development. The iso economy has been hard on players for more than ayear; the champion system just highlighted the problem by increasing the value of maxed characters. Iso has never been plentiful enough relative to the character release rate).

I would actually be fine if they were +1 all AP boosts. Those are really useful.

But, yeah, I agree that ISO would take precedence.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Thought about this issue a bit. At first I was meh, about it, but in retrospect, I now see that it is beyond an item of reward. I do not mind the item for use, but as a reward, it's time is most definitely past due. It should be replaced with a decent token, or ISO reward, since it has been held in such regard by Devs. It's not the ISO 20 spit to the face, but I am now on board with the idea of deletion toward better value.
  • To be honest, I kinda wish there was more characters with abilities that made critical tiles, that'd combo well with these boosts.

Like, Iron Patriot's Star Unibeam putting out 6 of them on the middle of the board? Toss some Critboosts on that and you'll be feeling outchies.

Now it's like... what characters are helped by Crit Boosts? GSBW? Iron Fist? Characters who just have tile-generating abilities and that's far from reliable.

Some more crit powers would be rad.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Generally speaking I do find them to be the least useful of the boosts, and it does feel like a slap in the face from the devs that this is the most commonly handed out boost. Like, would it kill them for one time just to not totally gyp us on something?

That being said, I do use them occasionally for characters like Miss Marvel, Magneto and Scarlett Witch.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Marine8394 wrote:
    It's not the ISO 20 spit to the face

It's worse than a 20 ISO spit to the face, it's a ZERO ISO spit to the face.

And it's not in the trivial nodes. Nope, instead it's in the essential and hard nodes. I like nothing better after beating 3 level 326 characters than to be rewarded with the 5,271,923rd critical boost that I'll never, ever use.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I'm replaying that last hard pve node to get the cp reward and there are only 2 rewards left: crit boost and cp and I pull the crit boost...

supergirl-angry-1448937511.gif
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd quite like to be able to store up 30 of any type of boosts and then be able to sell them. ISO, HP, CP, don't care which.

Or maybe, if you have 30 critical boosts and you get more, you could champion your boosts, make them even boostier.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    westnyy2 wrote:
    Completely agree. Please respond and upvote. There is typically 9 nodes per pve sub. Make each one a different iso boost. There are currently 11 various boosts with two being hp boosts so the numbers would work perfectly.
    exactly what my response was going to be. leave off a teamup boost or even the crit boost and you can have 1 of each of the others - that would have far more usefulness to the players than just the crits. I never use the crits - ever (maybe I did once on a gauntlet node with winfinite). I've actually used all of the others, save the teamup ones.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    The only place I've ever used crit boosts was in the 4DDQ against Jean.

(Yes, really. Because Iceman can stun her and then cause five-matches with his purple and he doesn't need more than two power boosts.)
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    For those who have a few friends on Facebook that share rewards, and one of the few you get....crit boost! Really? F that. When the opportunity comes up to share crit boost I most certainly do NOT.

I posted this same idea in the suggestion sub forum, but no one goes ever there.

A perfect opportunity to add more iso is simply replace all crit boosts with 100-140 iso. Stupid crit boosts.

OR allow the selling of boosts for iso, but then allow us to collect more than 30.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Orion wrote:
    Marine8394 wrote:
    It's not the ISO 20 spit to the face

It's worse than a 20 ISO spit to the face, it's a ZERO ISO spit to the face.

And it's not in the trivial nodes. Nope, instead it's in the essential and hard nodes. I like nothing better after beating 3 level 326 characters than to be rewarded with the 5,271,923rd critical boost that I'll never, ever use.

Jesus dude! Calm on me! I agree it needs to be removed! Deep breathe. Put it in a bubble. Blow it away. Better now? icon_lol.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please, keep critical boosts in!

[And let players sell all boosts for 200 ISO!]
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I'm going to use mine with 1* Spider when I'm baking, just to see what happens.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really like the crit boost node reward...

...said no one ever.