this season's simulator

Options
jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
what is going on with this? i've been hit easily 50 times. i wouldn't be surprised if it was around 65-75.

i'm not climbing too high. i'm using my best team in my last match played. i'm getting hit and losing to guys using 2* teams. and of course the retaliation is worth 1 point.

anyone else having a fun go with it this season or just me?

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only thing I can see is if you are using 3* as your defensive team max championed 2* could in theory take you out. What defensive team are you leaving out?
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    I'm not looking for alliance or season scores, so once I hit 10K progression and 2K progression, I try and leave a weaker team out in Shield Sim.

I will retaliate toward the end of the season because Shield Sim is a good place to make a quick ISO buck.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    my only usable 4* is hulkbuster. who i try to use last if i'm playing the sim.

the defensive team isn't the issue though cause this is the first season i've even used hb in the sim. previous seasons i've only used 3* teams and i was never hit this much.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3*s are not as powerful as they once were.
    Lots of HP against attacks that don't hit nearly as hard. It's much easier to turtle up and throw the heavy stuff at you now. Defense has become harder as a result, I feel.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I had the same experience with a 3-star team for most of the season but once I got clear of 1500 last night it was smooth sailing. No hits overnight last night (without shielding) and a climb from 1600 to 2k without shielding today without being hit. Once above the horde from 8-1300 nothing much happened.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wait, is 2000 point progression possible with a 1* or 2* roster in the simulator, as people are indicating here?

I'm a 3* transitioner with a roster full of mostly mid 130s 2*s, and Mohawk Storm, Hulk, Loki, and Lazy Cap as my only usable 3*s. Last season I tried to climb to the iron fist cover at 1700 and got smacked down badly at anything over 1200-1300. This season I climbed to 1200 and kinda gave up, although I'd love to hit the BP and Nova covers.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I ran HB/JG/Hood for the last several seasons. This season I had a third good champed 4*, went HB/JG/Cyc....and I've taken three times as many hits this season (floating and pushing at similar times and points).

Even 4* rosters are nothing to the 5*'s - and max 5*'s have no problem over-running the 4*'s in the last few days. See: last few hours of any PVP, which is becoming less and less fun with each new person that has a couple of high 5*'s and doesn't have any reason to push beyond 1300.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've used the same team the last three seasons, at progressively higher levels, and my attacks have increased each season. Don't understand that at all.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    really glad the last couple of seasons I could let sim go at about 1900 pts and not have to play/shield - when a few hundred points makes no difference, why kill yourself? I'm still running hb/jean/hood, but next season I might toy with im40 and 4thor with either jean or ice.