Max & Champion or Calm Down?

Options
cooperbigdaddy
cooperbigdaddy Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Hey wonderful forumites!

So right now I'm soft-capping at 108 (this random number is because it's my highest 2* champion's level), but I can max level 4 of my 3* characters (5 after I get that Captain Marvel red tomorrow, supposing I can beat TBE again). Here's the list:

Black Widow (Grey Suit)
Steve Rogers (Super Soldier)
SOON Captain Marvel (Modern)
Daredevil (Man Without Fear)
Iron Man (Model 40)

Right now I have plenty of ISO to champ them, the question is should I? Will it mess up my scaling?

I used Captain Marvel, GSBW, and Black Panther (who has 12 covers currently) for my usual PVP and Steve, IM40, and Kamala Khan (only lvl 78), so I do use most of them a bunch. But is it worth it right now? I can be patient, should I be patient?

Follow up question, IF you all think I should max/champion them, should I used some CP on KK? I currently have 201 CP and will not be using them for Legendary Tokens since I only open tokens when I have an open slot and I am slow on HP.

Let me know what you think because I will be getting an extra IM40 in a couple days thanks to DDQ. This shouldn't be the deciding factor, but I figured it was fun info. icon_e_biggrin.gif Thanks!

Comments

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hey wonderful forumites!

So right now I'm soft-capping at 108 (this random number is because it's my highest 2* champion's level), but I can max level 4 of my 3* characters (5 after I get that Captain Marvel red tomorrow, supposing I can beat TBE again). Here's the list:

Black Widow (Grey Suit)
    Steve Rogers (Super Soldier)
    SOON Captain Marvel (Modern)
    Daredevil (Man Without Fear)
    Iron Man (Model 40)

Right now I have plenty of ISO to champ them, the question is should I? Will it mess up my scaling?

I used Captain Marvel, GSBW, and Black Panther (who has 12 covers currently) for my usual PVP and Steve, IM40, and Kamala Khan (only lvl 78), so I do use most of them a bunch. But is it worth it right now? I can be patient, should I be patient?

Follow up question, IF you all think I should max/champion them, should I used some CP on KK? I currently have 201 CP and will not be using them for Legendary Tokens since I only open tokens when I have an open slot and I am slow on HP.

Let me know what you think because I will be getting an extra IM40 in a couple days thanks to DDQ. This shouldn't be the deciding factor, but I figured it was fun info. icon_e_biggrin.gif Thanks!

Yes it will greatly increase your scaling if you max four of those characters out and you will find your level 108 characters not nearly as useful. I softcapped at 110 level for a long time before championing and saved up around over 1 million iso and then used it last fall to max out 7 characters so that I would have enough max leveled characters to develop teams for and I was close to maxing an 8th character. All of the characters you have are decent for maxing although I would say BWGS and Daredevil are only mid tier so if you can wait to get characters like Cage, IF, Magneto, Switch, DP, LThor, Blade, Hood, Cyclops maxed out before as I feel they are all better characters than Daredevil or BWGSit will benefit you as you want to make sure you can have several viable team combinations before you max out your characters and see the scaling increase. IM40 is really good now too and I am contemplating maxing him with the recent change but I fear a nerf could come down to tone his yellow ability down and that would be the only reason I champ him. I now have 18 3* characters champed and have enough iso to champ another one now too.

I posted recently to an old thread about my roster from last spring that was interesting too look at and may be of help to you. It was also depressing though to see the general lack of progress I have made since then too as I am still stuck deep in the 3* to 4* transition area even a year later.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ultimately steve and im40 are completely worth maxing. marvel benefits from tanking, but I never had her high enough for her to be beneficial to me. now I'm past that level and not sure on her. gsbw is great with witch, but on her own is kinda slow and fragile, but very strong. she becomes critical once you get a few px blues, but somewhat optional before then. you could do worse with im40/steve as your first 2, but I might hold off until you get a couple more top guys. daredevil can be a blast to play when things go right but can also be infuriatingly frustrating and unreliable. to me hes less than ideal for a first max. if you want to pull that trigger, I'd stick with im40/steve/marvel and hold the rest for another top guy.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    ultimately steve and im40 are completely worth maxing. marvel benefits from tanking, but I never had her high enough for her to be beneficial to me. now I'm past that level and not sure on her. gsbw is great with witch, but on her own is kinda slow and fragile, but very strong. she becomes critical once you get a few px blues, but somewhat optional before then. you could do worse with im40/steve as your first 2, but I might hold off until you get a couple more top guys. daredevil can be a blast to play when things go right but can also be infuriatingly frustrating and unreliable. to me hes less than ideal for a first max. if you want to pull that trigger, I'd stick with im40/steve/marvel and hold the rest for another top guy.

I like Marvel and use her somewhat as you said Moose. She is best as a tank with her black being a decent damage/stun ability and her yellow maxed so that you use her to take damage and fuel your black and red. Ideally you pare her with team mates that have better red and black powers such as Cyclops (although then you have to worry about who tanks what color and who do you bring in to cover green,blue,purple etc.). By herself she isn't super impressive and her fueling other people's powers through her yellow is her best feature.