Bonus Iso for ending Health

bpcontra
bpcontra Posts: 176
Since Iso levels are such a major issue with everyone, what if you were able to get a bonus multiplier for the amount of hp you have left as a percentage of health.

For example, if you finish a match with 100% health, you get 3x iso. So if you win 70, it turns into 210.

If you finish a match with 99% health you get 2x

If you finish with 95% health, you get 1.5x.

It's a fairly easy system that rewards smart play and probably wouldn't go overboard in terms of iso gain but would give us a much needed boost in potential iso.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only way to get that bonus would be Goon nodes in PvE (unless you are running Angels and have some match 5 on the starting board). No thanks - there are smarter way to increase the iso flow (and this has to be done by the way - it's ridiculous when the game has transitioned to 4* but the iso levels are good enough for 3* at best).
  • bpcontra
    bpcontra Posts: 176
    Not really...using Defense tiles helps immensely, true healers like Daken and OML.

I typically get through the DDQ survival node with barely taking a scratch. Same with pvp if you use the right people.

It's quite feasible, easy to implement, and you have to "earn" it. Every other suggestion I've seen is just asking for a hand out.
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    I think bonus iso for overkill match damage would probably be a bit more balanced.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd settle for them not punishing us for avoiding damage by upping the scaling rather than hoping for more iso.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think more iso for taking more damage would be more rewarding. You just barely beat that level because it was so darn tough... Bonus Iso for barely making it out alive. But it would have to compare the health you had when you went in versus the health you had when you came out... or is that basically a total damage taken counter?

Anyway, that would make me feel better than barely winning and not getting the bonus iso because I didn't breeze through it. And I think it would get the iso into the hands of the people that really need to improve their roster.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Instead of health taken, perhaps it should be performing something special that match like, "Win without using blue AP moves". "Win by getting 2 match fives" "Win by getting 4 match 4's" Etc. Give something that requires skill and careful selections to take advantage of different challenges. One of those random one's could of course be win with only x% health taken, but not all of them.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    wirius wrote:
    Instead of health taken, perhaps it should be performing something special that match like, "Win without using blue AP moves". "Win by getting 2 match fives" "Win by getting 4 match 4's" Etc. Give something that requires skill and careful selections to take advantage of different challenges. One of those random one's could of course be win with only x% health taken, but not all of them.

Yeah, like some assigment list for each mission. Each completed assigment would give us 25 ISO.
    Example of some other:
    - Win without using a skill
    - Win without a friendly special tile
    - Win with only 1 hero alive
    - Win without using team-up skills
    and dozens more...

Maybe this could be done on daily challenge basis, istead of individual missions (with better rewards, of course). I think it could greatly reward us for grinding, and provide more daily-based fun.
    I think we could start a new thread about your idea. I think it deserves it icon_e_smile.gif
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Perhaps inspiration can be taken from the console version's XP system, where you get bonuses for how much AP you use and other bonus conditions.

I'd be happy with a bonus per event downed, so that you at least get something from those down-to-the-wire fights where the last enemy character, with 50 health remaining, manages to KO your last guy with a lucky cascade, and you end up with a flat zero to show for it.