3* Roster help and Taco planning.

Options
NNCSavage
NNCSavage Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
edited April 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Roster link:
http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/NNCSavage/

3*Champ's are Torch and Cyke.
Have 4 hulk and 4 Mohawk covers in queue from recent rewards.
Also have IW, Totally Not Awesome Hulk, and 4cyke in the queue but don't plan on letting them expire so I added them to the list.

Have 600k iso banked. And about 180 taco tokens in each vault banked.

Taco vaults I was planning on targeting:
Current: 3Cyke (just champed), Hood and LThor (dire need of red, will get 1 with 2 more 2* Thors)
March 4: IM40, KK, IF (need 4 good pulls)
March 9: Switch, CMags and BP

Current status:
Hit T10 in PvE for Hulk and for Meet Rocket & Groot for subs and main, Hovering 20-30 in OSCorp.
5k PVP season score w/ 2 events left and 900 in Sim, would need a lot to crack 7500 this season. (basically 700+ in each event and 1900 in sim)
Average is 520ish but 2 finishes were 650+
Sometimes I make t100 for the 3* cover.

Goals for S25:
725 and then 800 prog rewards in PVP - never hit either of them but been close. I don't shield, figure I might if I hit 750ish and think I can hop to 800.
2000 prog in Sim
7500 PVP season score

I run IF,Cage and Cyc since champed. LThor, GSBW, Cyc as well when PvE permits.

Looking for ideas on teams I am close to covering/champions to meet the above and thoughts on how/when to open taco tokens when to stop.
Obviously if the vault comes **** and has none of my needed covers not much I can do.
Appreciate any feedback.

Comments

• NNCSavage
    Options
    Thanks for the response.

I took about 4 months off where I only cleared DDQ so that is where the tokens hoading came from mostly.
    I started PvE since I wanted one of the progression covers but ended up doing so well Ive stuck with it.
    I generally get PVP in after PvE clears. With all the t10s i *was* making the 100 HP was nice. Dropped to t50 in Oscorp so only 60HP. and of course PvE grinds clear the health packs out.

That said I have not had a time when I had max 3cyke and was not doing PvE so he might be enough to carry me to 800 if I took a break and did PVP every 5 hours.
    I did open a bunch of old event tokens and picked up a lot of 4* - still have 3 in the queue but not planning on letting them go.

It might be worth it to open tacos when I need health packs during the weeks I also need the covers? Gives me more opportunity to get something I would need.

Today I hit 550 after morning PVE clear. got tagged 6 or 7 times down to 415.
    After the afternoon clear I managed to hit 753 for a new best. 166 cyke, 120 gsbw and the loaner. So I think 800 is in sight, perhaps with a 3 hours shield on a day when I take a PvE break.
    Edit: in the 20 minutes since that - hit a bunch back down to 606.

mohawk, hulk and gsbw are now fully covered - should I max any of them?
    Wish I had gotten that last GSBW cover 2 weeks when I had 3 covers rot. Oh well.
    Thinking GSBW is a likely target and I would still have enough to cap out a few others if token pulls work out.

Pre-break (and champion) PVP was rough with 2* - only time I broke 650 was twice during the two events Daken and Wolvie were boosted at the same time. Every other time was maybe get to 575 on a good day and then smashed back down to 300 - just about every time. I did take some time off PvE during those but it did not appear to change my results.
  • NNCSavage
    Options
    For completeness:

First climb to 550, dropped to 415 for health regen
    2nd climb to 753 - new high!
    dropped to 350 overnight - PvE grind/new slice clear so no health packs leftover until the morning.
    3rd climb - 833 - made it!
    while around mid-700s I queue'd a 69 pointer and while fighting that was hit again, next fight same thing, healed up one last time and with one quick match I broke through.
    4 hours later I'm back down to 421.
    120 5/3/5 GSBW, 166 5/3/5 Cyke and the loaner, sometimes using my 2/4/3 102 BE when I forget to change or as final match.

Seems the last event or 2 in a season people may be scrambling for final effort points and it tends to fluctuate more.
    But it's very similar in the early events for me. Same with one or 2 other alliance members who I've chatted with in the same general level as my roster.
    I'm definitely beginning to understand when I am likely to be attacked for future shield consideration.

Seems like I am where I wanted to be. And could be even better if I drop PvE or shield a little.

12th last event so I just missed that 4* cover.
    PvE is providing 3x 3* covers and ISO so I'll probably keep that going until it no longer makes sense.
    Which is funny because when I came back I said I didn't want to spend as much time as before playing.
    Also I was not making t20 or even t100 at times for those covers back then so I guess the time investment is more balanced and rewarding now.

I could max Hulk and GSBW for B team? KK is 4/3/5 now so one cover to max and then I could have 2 teams going to help with health packs?
    Even if they are slower, might be a good intermediate team?
    Daken/Wolvie to 400, GSBW/Hulk to 600 and Cyke/KK to 800+?

Sitting on pile of tokens to open:
    180 each taco vault.
    75 heroics + 2 10 packs (last 10 pack was 9/10 2*s with 5 moonstones)
    180 standards.
    Might be time for a Stark and just go nuts opening. =)

Again - I appreciate the feedback.
    A couple times here talk/typing this out makes me realize something new.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PvP is cutthroat now as I have a fully developed 3* roster and 800 is usually my goal when I try in PvP now, although I am mainly a PvE player. Anything beyond 500 is usually maxed 3* teams worth 20-25 pts (not worth the 2-3 healthpacks it would cost to defeat them) or 350+ 4* teams which is hard to compete against with only a 3* roster (especially after the nerf). I don't do shielding anymore since my hp gain isn't good enough to support it and my concentration on PvE.

KK is directly better than GSBW. GSBW isn't as good as she used to be and Hulk doesn't do much for your color scheme with HT and Cyke already maxed. You could really use some good blue/purple/yellow active power users. IF will be a great purple user (along with his awesome passive green). Magneto has a great active blue, a really good red and a decent active yellow. Mystique is ok but would fit well with your needs for purple and blue. Looks like you could really use covers for some of the best characters yet. IM40 may now have the best active yellow power in the game and you could use his blue it seems (even though his blue still isn't great). Has champing those two characters thrown your scaling off?
  • NNCSavage
    Options
    I see maxed or close to max 3* teams a lot but they are usually 30ish points.
    They are usually the ones I see attacking me which makes sense.

PvP scaling? What it seems to me is that if I place t100 - the next season is much harder.
    A t200 finish there seems to the next one easier. so maybe i'm floating between intermediate and vet?
    Even with that it feels about the same as before maxing Cyke.

PvE scaling has not seemed to make much difference.
    Could be that I'm just used to node scaling while grinding out hits during a clear.

I know Blue/Purple/Yellow is a hole right now. Most of my options there are not well covered.
    Cmags and IM40 were two of my last 3* pulls, think Patch was 40th. So all of them are low covers due to no DDQ.
    Doom seems like he has potential to fill that as noted.
    I used LThor into GSBW for Yellow/Purple > Green for shield sim. Not great but it's been working.
  • NNCSavage
    Options
    Wanted to pop back in and say thanks.
    I starting shielding and was able to make 800 is most events. 1k in one thanks to CC's.
    I also made 10k reward and 2k in shield sim. Ended season with 9.6k - big up from 6.5k last season.
    I have 9 champ'ed 3*'s and I believe 10 or 11 other now full covered.
    Just need a couple mil ISO to complete the 3* and then time to work on 4's.

Still haven't opened any tacos. Sitting on 210 in each vault now.
    Guessing my best option is to use for health packs as needed or wait for a really good 4* vault (like cyke/jg/hb/iceman) and pull until I get the 4* rewards.