What was the pve where you all scored points together?

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I vaguely remember there being a pve where the only way to unlock the final nodes was if all players scored a cumulative high score. They scrapped it and haven't done it for like 1-2 years, but I kind of remember it being neat.

Was that one of the pves we still do now, but just without the cumulative score status bar? Or it was a different one?

I'm not talking about galactus or ultron. It was a pve story.

Comments

• MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    It was a node on the main Hulk pve when it was first run (Dec 2014?). Been a while =)
  • Iso-8 Brotherhood also had them per-node, where only when it was full they unlocked the last mission w/ the bigger Iso reward on it.

I do kinda miss that, even if it was probably a totally fake/made up score total.

Like when do those things FAIL?
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Prodigal Sun also had a similar bar on its first run. I believe you had to cause enough mayhem for the Avengers to come defend the bases. Those extra nodes that would appear now just show up after you beat the nodes on the main path.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think The Hunt also had this for the Devil Dino node
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    colwag wrote:
    Iso-8 Brotherhood also had them per-node, where only when it was full they unlocked the last mission w/ the bigger Iso reward on it.

I do kinda miss that, even if it was probably a totally fake/made up score total.

Like when do those things FAIL?

In one of the earliest runnings of that event the Hard sub would only hit the target about half the time and pretty much only hit the target in the final hour when it was reached.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's good that they scrapped it for the current system.
    What would happen is you'd screw up your refreshes because suddenly nodes would appear while you were away. Or you'd get a case where the hard of the two sub events (thank god two sub events has died off, too) wouldn't even get a full bar because it was hard, time consuming and painful to grind on.

Things feel a lot more evenly balanced now.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    What would happen is you'd screw up your refreshes because suddenly nodes would appear while you were away. Or you'd get a case where the hard of the two sub events (thank god two sub events has died off, too) wouldn't even get a full bar because it was hard, time consuming and painful to grind on.

I miss the hard sub. As a starting player I was never able to beat it, so I would just grind the easy node and get a high score for the sub, which made progression easier (as I was getting multiple sub node event tokens). Now that I can clear any PvE node they throw at me, I kind of wish there as a challenge node to play.

Or that Hard AI mode suggestion I threw out that would offer double bonuses.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards

The unlocked node could always be a "one and done" type node that is locked after you complete it.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    The problem with these "community" points is that you are a very small part of the whole playerbase so your personal contribution counts very little to the total score, and it didn't feel involving to the player at all. The community would probably hit or not hit the score target regardless of your contribution.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

The unlocked node could always be a "one and done" type node that is locked after you complete it.

Maybe rewarding you with a featured 4* cover? icon_razz.gif