King-Pin and Deadpool X-Force bug

Phaserhawk
Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
KingPin is detonating DP's tiles, but you are not getting the extra damage from the DP tiles. This is a MAJOR bug that needs to be fixed ASAP!!!

I'm posting this in bugs but wanted everyone to know

Comments

• Phaserhawk
    KingPin is detonating DP's tiles, but you are not getting the extra damage from the DP tiles. This is a MAJOR bug that needs to be fixed ASAP!!!
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    It's not a bug. They changed Kingpin black because of Green Goblin's fortify ability. Since it now changes the CD to basic instead of destroying it, it does not trigger XFDP purple.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    IS XFW doing the same with surgical to XDP's cd tiles?
  • Phaserhawk
    wait, what? That's a crock of $%&t. why nerf KP?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    so surg strike is ok to pop them, but kp isn't? what kind of sense does that make?
  • Phaserhawk
    I DEMAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IF YOU ARE GOING TO CHANGE THIS, THEN DEADPOOL MUST ABSOLUTELY 100000000% HAVE HIS PURPLE CHANGED FROM IF ANYTHING DESTROYS, TO IF ANYTHING REMOVES!!!!!!!!

SERIOUSLY DEVS THIS WAS THE MOST ABSOLUTE WORST THING YOU HAVE DONE IN A LONG TIME.

YES I AM AWARE I AM USING ALL CAPS icon_evil.gif
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I DEMAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IF YOU ARE GOING TO CHANGE THIS, THEN DEADPOOL MUST ABSOLUTELY 100000000% HAVE HIS PURPLE CHANGED FROM IF ANYTHING DESTROYS, TO IF ANYTHING REMOVES!!!!!!!!

SERIOUSLY DEVS THIS WAS THE MOST ABSOLUTE WORST THING YOU HAVE DONE IN A LONG TIME.

That's a double edged sword there. I use Jean's Mind Over Matter to clear those puppies out, which is a whole lot easier than waiting for those bad boys to resolve.
  • Phaserhawk
    I'd be okay with a Jean Grey balance. You buff DP, who could use a little love. You fix the interaction back to what was intended although you hurt Cap and Falcon. Ugh. This was just terrible what they did. You killed a great duo to force down a 5* that 99% of the player base will never get or max

What's said is that they decided to be lazy with programing and not try to make sure that the fortify would get destroyed and not the tile so they just took the easiest way out and edited destroy to remove for the characters that posed a programing problem, thus nerfing them.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    After R95 Kingpin's black disarms countdowns rather than destroying the tile, and Countdown For What requires the tile to be destroyed for the bonus damage. Both powers are working as written, but the combo got nerfed.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    so surg strike is ok to pop them, but kp isn't? what kind of sense does that make?

The skills that were changed had some sort of condition for the existence of a friendly countdown tile.

KP does bonus damage if a CD tile exists. If it were fortified, then you could either cast it twice in the same turn on the same CD, OR you could cast it every turn after it was fortified at the start of the next. Same with Iceman, if the Build a Snowman tile were fortified, then you could Punch a Snowman, remove the fortification, and then Punch again, since the tile would still be on the board. For Vision, you could possibly keep both Density tile on the board.

On the one hand, I think it would it been great if you managed to pull it off. On the other hand, game balance. Boo...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a great example of why I get pissed off at the "you guys complain about everything" contingent. See, there was a damn good reason why people were absolutely correct to complain about what some people saw as an "insignificant" change. KP was hardly an all-star to begin with. The removal of one of the nice synergies he had going for him, knocks him down several pegs.
  • simonsez
    jojeda654 wrote:
    The skills that were changed had some sort of condition for the existence of a friendly countdown tile.

KP does bonus damage if a CD tile exists. If it were fortified, then you could either cast it twice in the same turn on the same CD, OR you could cast it every turn after it was fortified at the start of the next.
    To this, I say: make these abilities destroy the fortified tiles. The idea behind fortifying is to keep the tiles around. If you're casting a "destroy countdown" ability, screw fortification. Just destroy the damn thing.

Or... just ignore the "problem". I mean seriously, by the time someone has a usable Goblin, is KP REALLY going to be part of anyone's go-to team? Even with the exploit, no one's going to use him over OML.

Typical demiurge... creating new problems by fixing one that doesn't really exist.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    yeah, when new features force nerfs onto characters that shouldn't be nerfed, something needs to be adjusted accordingly. kp and xpool were/are nowhere near top tier and anything that weakens them just sucks. this isn't ice/jean/hb/cyke/rulk.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:

KP does bonus damage if a CD tile exists. If it were fortified, then you could either cast it twice in the same turn on the same CD, OR you could cast it every turn after it was fortified at the start of the next.
    To this, I say: make these abilities destroy the fortified tiles. The idea behind fortifying is to keep the tiles around. If you're casting a "destroy countdown" ability, screw fortification. Just destroy the damn thing.

I don't disagree with this. But it's bad enough we have inconsistent ability descriptions (Drains/Steals), now we're gonna add inconsistent abilities. So KP destroys Countdown tiles, regardless of fortify status. I'm willing to bet that you wouldn't want other skills with tile destruction abilities work the same. So you could, make two types of tile destruction. But at this point, you're just introducing more code that could be buggy. (Scratch that, we all know it's gonna be buggy)
    simonsez wrote:
    Or... just ignore the "problem". I mean seriously, by the time someone has a usable Goblin, is KP REALLY going to be part of anyone's go-to team?
    Sure. Care to comment on the Iceman scenario I described above?
  • simonsez
    jojeda654 wrote:
    I don't disagree with this. But it's bad enough we have inconsistent ability descriptions
    Fortification is brand new. They can define it any way they want. There's no reason why part of that description can't say "fortified tiles are destroyed by friendly abilities targeting cd tiles". Surgical Strike already represents an inconsistency as-is. Adding that to the definition of fortification, and having KP black work as before, would restore consistency.
    simonsez wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Or... just ignore the "problem". I mean seriously, by the time someone has a usable Goblin, is KP REALLY going to be part of anyone's go-to team?
    Sure. Care to comment on the Iceman scenario I described above?
    You really need me to spell it out for you??? Ok. Someone with a usable Goblin will also have at least 2-3 other usable 5*s, and they will not be using ANY 4*s as a first option. Hope that helps.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Merged duplicate threads on this. (Duplicate original post, but separate replies)
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Are you aware that it's specifically mentioned as a thing not to do in the forum rules? Please don't do that.