Help please. Which 4* to lvl next?

Options
Banjo
Banjo Posts: 59 Match Maker
edited March 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Just after some thoughts on which 4* I should level next to complete my "go-to" 4* team please.

I've got a Lvl 272 Championed Iceman, & will have a Lvl 271 Championed classic Cyclops in the next couple of days.

This gives me all the colours except black.

Currenly I'm using my lvl 252 XForce Wolverine with them, just wondering if it's worth levelling him or if not then which of the other characters with black covers I'd be best concentrating on.

Other characters I've got are:

Hulkbuster lvl 152 1/4/2 - no further covers yet so can't advance atm
Kingpin lvl 146 1/5/3 - current potential max 192
XForce Deadpool lvl 115 3/1/2 current potential max 131
Carnage lvl 111 2/1/4 current potential max 152
(I'm not mentioning Electra or Mr Fantastic despite having a decent level of covers as general opinion is that they're ****)
or should I ignore black as a colour and lvl one of the other 4*s I've got?

Red Hulk 74 1/1/4 current potential max 135
Prof X 170 5/3/0 potential max 188
Jean Grey 131 4/0/4 potential max 188
Thing lvl 96 2/2/4 potential 168
Miles Morales 86 3/3/1 potential 152

Only 5* coveres I have are
Surfer 0/1/2
Old Man Logan 0/2/0
Phoenix Jean 0/1/0
Black Spidey 1/1/0

Thanks for the help in advance, I know things might change depending on how further covers drop but just wondering which of those would be best to look at levelling toward max first.

Comments

• Karass
    Karass Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    given your roster, pushing that hard to get a rainbow might not be the best option. XFW is nice (but not a real threat to the eyes of the average 4-star player, so you might want to put the extra iso to have him level 270 in case you want to champion him, but I digress)

I'd pick your OML as the third character. He would be at two yellow covers a very good meat tank to protect Cyclops on two colors and give a huge boost in raw match damage.

This being my fair opinion, that is. Have fun IG!
  • Banjo
    Options
    Hhmm, thanks for that - I'd not really thought about Logan with him not having any active powers, but tanking for Cyclops would be handy with the healing. icon_cool.gif
  • Banjo
    Options
    I've done a Gamependium roster list now (now that I've seen that site exists!), so my full roster is here:

http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/kingcustard/
  • Banjo
    Options
    Bugger.
    Using OML means that Cyc's yellow generates unusable black instead of Green.

Any other thoughts?
    (Other than praying to the RNG Gods for a black OML cover).
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hulk and im40 might need some love instead of forcing a mid/low tier 4* up. especially im40
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    hulk and im40 might need some love instead of forcing a mid/low tier 4* up. especially im40

I was just about to say the same thing about im40. Your lvl 120 im40 with only 3 yellow would greatly benefit from being champ'd and changed to x/x/5, where you put red/blue doesn't really matter as you won't be using either, mine is 5/3/5.

Tbh, using im40 with 4cyc kind of ruined the game for me because anytime I use anyone else now, the game feels sooooo sloooooooow.
  • Banjo
    Options
    Oh, I've never actually used IM40 for anything other than his PvP events - I saw that he was getting an update but haven't actually looked at the details. Worth using now then?

Hulk I assume for green generation through his black?
  • udonomefoo
    Options
    Banjo wrote:
    Oh, I've never actually used IM40 for anything other than his PvP events - I saw that he was getting an update but haven't actually looked at the details. Worth using now then?

Yeah, it hurt me to put all that iso into him, but once you get yellow to 5 covers on IM40, this is what you get for 6 yellow ap:
    Creates 3 2-Turn Countdown tiles that restore 4 Red AP, 4 Blue AP, 3 Green AP & 1 Purple AP each, but stun Iron Man for 2 turns.

If all 3 of your cd's resolve, you get: 12 red, 12 blue, 9 green & 3 purple for a cost of 6 yellow. Once that resolves you can pretty much end most matches with 4cyc alone using his blue and red strategically to generate cascades and collect more blue and red. Throw a good green and purple user in like iceman, jg or red hulk and you're all set.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    Banjo wrote:
    Worth using now then?

Hulk I assume for green generation through his black?
    yes, the current ranking had voting start just before the changes hit, so the changes weren't reflected in the current rankings, but I'd say for 3* play he's easily top5. for 4*players, he's by far the #1 support character in the game providing red/blue/green for the big time characters out there (cyke/4thor/rulk/ice/jean). depending on team makeup he's better than witch and hood (which were the top supports in the game).

and yes, hulk for green generation via his black passive. he has been the core of a very successful galactus team twice now (with mostorm and a red damage dealer). I usually hulkbomb with patch in pve once per clear too. hulk is not top tier or anything, but very useful in certain instances. and in those instances (mainly galactus events), he is by far the best solution out there.
  • Banjo
    Options
    Cheers both - just need another 70k ish ISO then... 160k for both!
  • udonomefoo
    Options
    FWIW, leveling Hulk is a bit of a double edged sword. The more health he has, the more damage he has to take to trigger anger. Mine is at lvl 130 and still worked just fine for both galactus runs. I have no plans on leveling him unless iso starts raining from the sky. Just my opinion.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    FWIW, leveling Hulk is a bit of a double edged sword. The more health he has, the more damage he has to take to trigger anger. Mine is at lvl 130 and still worked just fine for both galactus runs. I have no plans on leveling him unless iso starts raining from the sky. Just my opinion.
    to the OP - this shows there are many playstyles and opinions. none are the 'wrong' answer. I don't think my hulk would have tanked much at 130, but maybe I could have crafted a team with him and storm that worked. I've found him useful, but I don't use him 'all the time' either. personally I don't regret leveling mine and udonomefoo is happy with his at 130. so...good luck lol. just do what seems best for you and mainly level the ones you use over the ones you don't use.
  • udonomefoo
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:
    to the OP - this shows there are many playstyles and opinions. none are the 'wrong' answer. I don't think my hulk would have tanked much at 130, but maybe I could have crafted a team with him and storm that worked. I've found him useful, but I don't use him 'all the time' either. personally I don't regret leveling mine and udonomefoo is happy with his at 130. so...good luck lol. just do what seems best for you and mainly level the ones you use over the ones you don't use.

I totally wasn't thinking about hulk needing to tank colors for anger to work. That's a good point. My MoStorm is similarly underleveled, so it worked fine, but could be an issue for others.