HULK SMASH!!! i wanna see him so bad

Unknown
edited November 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
1345906951.jpg
1861355-852109_167749_88952_hulk_super.jpg
and please make it so cover cost max 100hp per slot. it's too much if going up 50hp every 5 slot.

Comments

• I think hulk would only have 2 powers just to make him balanced. He would do huge amounts of damage and have a ton of health, possibly even regenerating because he's, you know, the hulk.
  • Here's my take on Hulk, very rough so might have to re-look at it later when im not so tired.
    1st a green attack move naturally, 2nd a purple (based on his shorts, and we need some more purple moves in the game, wish it could of been black, but I'm sure some enemies later on will use black) and finally a anti red move to try and create some different teams and mix things up a bit (have two variations on this final move).

Hulk
    4 Star Rarity (Legendary)
    Hulk Smash - Green 12 AP
    Hulk smashes the ground destroying the bottom two row of tiles with such force as to not generate AP.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: +25% damage
    Level 3: Smashes the bottom three rows.
    Level 4: +25% damage
    Level 5: Smashes the bottom 4 rows, stuns Hulk for 1 round

Sonic clap - Purple 10 AP
    Hulk claps his hands together with enough force to shock a the enemy team for 1 turn.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 3: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 4: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 5: Stuns team for 2 turns. Costs 10 AP.

Hulk Up- Passive
    Whenever Hulks team has more than 12 Red tiles Hulk 'hulks up', buffing his damage by 25% and healing him for 25 health each turn.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Damage buff increased to 50%, team needs more than 14 Red tiles.
    Level 3: Hulk heals for 50 health each turn, team needs more than 16 Red tiles.
    Level 4: Damage buff increased to 75%, team needs more than 18 Red tiles.
    Level 5: Hulk heals for 75 health each turn, team needs more than 20 Red tiles.

Or

Don't make him Angry- Passive
    Every time the enemy team uses a Red tile based move, Hulk moves in front of his team members to take the damage.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Hulk takes 20% less damage from the Red tile based move.
    Level 3: Hulk takes 30% less damage from the Red tile based move.
    Level 4: Hulk takes 40% less damage from the Red tile based move.
    Level 5: Hulk takes 50% less damage from the Red tile based move.
  • I like it, Pace.

Hey devs...(Steve Martin's voice from the Three Amigos) Look over here!, Look over here!
  • I made an account just to post this, haha.

The Hulk is one of my favorite characters of all time, and I've had a few ideas on how to capture him in a cover for this game. I don't really have hard numbers for damage or health because I haven't the faintest idea how to balance a game like this, but here are my ideas for two versions:

** Savage Hulk
    High health, High damage in Green and Purple tiles

2 abilities:

Purple: RAGE (Passive), Any time Savage Hulk takes damage, Replace 6 tiles with green tiles at the start of next turn (does not stack with multiple attacks in a single turn). (The start of the next turn prevents enemies from benefiting from placed tiles, and also limits the amount of green tiles placed at a single time allowing the power to retain a high number of conversions without becoming exploitative.) Extra levels would increase amount of tiles converted, could also allow special tiles to be converted.

Green: HULK SMASH (10-8 green AP) Savage Hulk goes on a rage fueled rampage dealing a massive amount of damage to a single enemy character but also dealing 10%-15% of that damage to ally characters (not including Savage Hulk). This is the **** in the Hulks armor, he's a strong character, but doesn't make for the most convenient ally. Extra levels would increase damage done, and decrease allied casualties. (also, to prevent exploits, this move would not trigger classic storm's Raging Tempest.)

Even without using the green ability, Savage Hulk should make for a great tanking character and a good green AP generator for other characters. This was inspired by how the juggernaut works now, just a stronger version, with a gimmick of trading team health for massive damage. Savage Hulk should feel like a 3 star character with a 2 star price at the cost of team safety.

**** Green Scar Hulk
    Very high health, High damage in purple, green, and yellow tiles

Yellow: INFINITE RAGE (Passive): Generates 1 Green AP every time Green Scar Hulk takes damage, can be preformed multiple times per turn. Extra levels would increase Green AP generated up 3 AP, then increase Purple AP up to 2.

Green: World Breaker (10 green AP): Shatters 20 tiles dealing their respective damage to the target, does not generate AP. Not sure if that would produce enough damage, but balance could be done by lowering the cost (5-8 green AP) or applying an overall multiplier (1.5x or 2x damage of tiles) Extra levels would increase the number of tiles shattered.

Purple: Gamma Explosion (12 purple AP): Green Scar Hulk's rage explodes with Gamma Radiation inflicting high damage to all enemies and reduced damage (10%-20%) to Allies. Works similarly to HULK SMASH, only affecting all targets. Extra levels would increase damage done to allies and decrease damage to done to team members.

As a legendary character, Green Scar Hulk should feel extremely powerful, but the Hulk is always a double edged sword, and poses a threat to the team he's on.

I could come up with more (like 1 star Grey Hulk, or Merged hulk that lack the team damaging aspects), but no one character has yet to have more than two versions. The numbers in these descriptions are just guesses at what would be balanced, but should make the Hulk feel like a blade with no handle; he'll save the day, but you might not feel like you've won afterwards.

The dark avengers counterpart should either be Skaar (Hulk's son, who I believe was a dark avenger) or Red Hulk. Red Hulk's energy absorption could make for a fun passive where every time the enemy team makes a match, your team earns 1 AP in that color.

I've probably spent too much time thinking about this, but these characters would be fun to have, Thanks for reading!
  • I posted this somewhere else, but changed it up a little.

The Hulk with the following abilities

Green - Passive (ok, not the best phrasing)

Damage from matching is increased 20% when Green AP is over 10. If Green AP exceeds 18, 500 damage is done to teammates and opponents, Green AP is drained, and The Hulk is stunned for 5 turns.

Level 2: Green AP max increased to 20; 40% Damage increase
    Level 3: Green AP max increased to 22; 60% Damage increase
    Level 4: Green AP max increased to 24; 80% Damage increase
    Level 5: Green AP max increased to 26; 100% Damage increase

Black - Passive

When The Hulk is hit for > 10% of total health, he generates 3 Green AP.

Level 2: Generates 3 Green AP and 1 Purple AP
    Level 3: Generates 4 Green AP and 1 Purple AP
    Level 4: Generates 5 Green AP and 2 Purple AP
    Level 5: Generates 6 Green AP And 3 Purple AP

Purple - 8 AP

Hulk smashes a 4x4 block of tiles to bits, dealing damage but not generating AP.

Level 2: 5x5 block; +1 AP
    Level 3: 6x6 block; +1 AP
    Level 4: 7x7 block; +1 AP
    Level 5: entire 8x8 field; +1 AP
  • Kitekiller wrote:
    I made an account just to post this, haha.

The Hulk is one of my favorite characters of all time, and I've had a few ideas on how to capture him in a cover for this game. I don't really have hard numbers for damage or health because I haven't the faintest idea how to balance a game like this, but here are my ideas for two versions:

** Savage Hulk
    High health, High damage in Green and Purple tiles

2 abilities:

Purple: RAGE (Passive), Any time Savage Hulk takes damage, Replace 6 tiles with green tiles at the start of next turn (does not stack with multiple attacks in a single turn). (The start of the next turn prevents enemies from benefiting from placed tiles, and also limits the amount of green tiles placed at a single time allowing the power to retain a high number of conversions without becoming exploitative.) Extra levels would increase amount of tiles converted, could also allow special tiles to be converted.

Green: HULK SMASH (10-8 green AP) Savage Hulk goes on a rage fueled rampage dealing a massive amount of damage to a single enemy character but also dealing 10%-15% of that damage to ally characters (not including Savage Hulk). This is the **** in the Hulks armor, he's a strong character, but doesn't make for the most convenient ally. Extra levels would increase damage done, and decrease allied casualties. (also, to prevent exploits, this move would not trigger classic storm's Raging Tempest.)

Even without using the green ability, Savage Hulk should make for a great tanking character and a good green AP generator for other characters. This was inspired by how the juggernaut works now, just a stronger version, with a gimmick of trading team health for massive damage. Savage Hulk should feel like a 3 star character with a 2 star price at the cost of team safety.

**** Green Scar Hulk
    Very high health, High damage in purple, green, and yellow tiles

Yellow: INFINITE RAGE (Passive): Generates 1 Green AP every time Green Scar Hulk takes damage, can be preformed multiple times per turn. Extra levels would increase Green AP generated up 3 AP, then increase Purple AP up to 2.

Green: World Breaker (10 green AP): Shatters 20 tiles dealing their respective damage to the target, does not generate AP. Not sure if that would produce enough damage, but balance could be done by lowering the cost (5-8 green AP) or applying an overall multiplier (1.5x or 2x damage of tiles) Extra levels would increase the number of tiles shattered.

Purple: Gamma Explosion (12 purple AP): Green Scar Hulk's rage explodes with Gamma Radiation inflicting high damage to all enemies and reduced damage (10%-20%) to Allies. Works similarly to HULK SMASH, only affecting all targets. Extra levels would increase damage done to allies and decrease damage to done to team members.

As a legendary character, Green Scar Hulk should feel extremely powerful, but the Hulk is always a double edged sword, and poses a threat to the team he's on.

I could come up with more (like 1 star Grey Hulk, or Merged hulk that lack the team damaging aspects), but no one character has yet to have more than two versions. The numbers in these descriptions are just guesses at what would be balanced, but should make the Hulk feel like a blade with no handle; he'll save the day, but you might not feel like you've won afterwards.

The dark avengers counterpart should either be Skaar (Hulk's son, who I believe was a dark avenger) or Red Hulk. Red Hulk's energy absorption could make for a fun passive where every time the enemy team makes a match, your team earns 1 AP in that color.

I've probably spent too much time thinking about this, but these characters would be fun to have, Thanks for reading!

Skaar was dark avengers, Red Hulk is Thunderbolts & Avengers
  • Hulk can't be balanced though, he's the strongest one there is.
  • Completely irrelevant since he's not related (and not even a little bit human lol), but I'd like to see Hulkling from the Young Avengers. This post just reminded me.

BUUT to stay on topic.

I'd love to see the Hulk and I think the reason why they're taking their time before releasing him is because he's a big one and there's a lot of people who want him so they gotta try to do him justice, right? Otherwise I don't know why he wouldn't be about already since the other (movieverse/MCU) Avengers are all in the game already. They wanna keep us at the edge of our seat waiting. The more we wait the more anxious we get to see him haha. It's a good tactic in a sense.
  • Hulk must be at least a 3 star, or even legendary 4 star. high damage like juggenaut buffed, high hp, regeneration, rage [attack stiles], stun
    wew, ragnarok can be bested easily if he got 3 skill and at least 3 star
  • Hulk must be at least a 3 star, or even legendary 4 star. high damage like juggenaut buffed, high hp, regeneration, rage [attack stiles], stun
    wew, ragnarok can be bested easily if he got 3 skill and at least 3 star

I'm sure you don't want him on legendary. Because, it really means meh-gendary. Just look at Wolverine X-Force.
  • Bombul wrote:

I'm sure you don't want him on legendary. Because, it really means meh-gendary. Just look at Wolverine X-Force.

I'm sure that they're going to re-work him in the future. As it stands, X-Force is a joke. I love running into people that use him on their teams, pretty much a free win icon_e_smile.gif
  • Blue Shoes wrote:
    I posted this somewhere else, but changed it up a little.

The Hulk with the following abilities

Green - Passive (ok, not the best phrasing)

Damage from matching is increased 20% when Green AP is over 10. If Green AP exceeds 18, 500 damage is done to teammates and opponents, Green AP is drained, and The Hulk is stunned for 5 turns.

Level 2: Green AP max increased to 20; 40% Damage increase
    Level 3: Green AP max increased to 22; 60% Damage increase
    Level 4: Green AP max increased to 24; 80% Damage increase
    Level 5: Green AP max increased to 26; 100% Damage increase

Black - Passive

When The Hulk is hit for > 10% of total health, he generates 3 Green AP.

Level 2: Generates 3 Green AP and 1 Purple AP
    Level 3: Generates 4 Green AP and 1 Purple AP
    Level 4: Generates 5 Green AP and 2 Purple AP
    Level 5: Generates 6 Green AP And 3 Purple AP

Purple - 8 AP

Hulk smashes a 4x4 block of tiles to bits, dealing damage but not generating AP.

Level 2: 5x5 block; +1 AP
    Level 3: 6x6 block; +1 AP
    Level 4: 7x7 block; +1 AP
    Level 5: entire 8x8 field; +1 AP

I like this one, but i would replace the purple - 8 AP with:

Red - 1 AP

Hulk does damage equal to (whatever multiplier) X the number of green AP he has. Lose all green AP.