4* transitioner feedback

wirius
wirius Posts: 667
The Problem

Devs, you've made great strides in the last few months in game quality, and its amazing. Championing and fixing trash tier characters were wonderful. However, after maxing out IMHulkbuster, my maxed 4*, I'm finding there's nothing to look forward to.

Let me compare to my 3* transition. When I first entered into the 3* realm, a new world opened up to me. PvP scores could go higher, I could get into a top 100 alliance, and started consistently winning those upper tier rewards. I liked the 3* variety and it helped me stay at the very rewarding top. Sure I can win more 4*'s, but why? I'm winning the same rewards and doing the same things I was doing before. It's made me quit my top 100 alliance and go into DDQ maintainance mode where I am currently not spending money.

To me, I think you need to open up a new meaningful world of gameplay when you transition into 4* land, and I think championing can help with this. There are two suggestions, a band aid fix, and the later major fix.

Band Aid

Fix-PvP-Offer more rewards at 1100, 1200 and higher. Right now I feel like getting my 4* helped me get to the same 1k reward faster. One LT just really isn't worth the extra headache. I understand a tough top reward is important in the game, but give us 4* transitioners some nicer rewards along the way to help us commit to that climb and feel like we entered into a new competable realm.

Major Fix

PvE and PvP-Offer a choice of PvP and PvE dimension. You can only choose in the beginning, then you're stuck for the rest of the run. In the alternative dimension, allow ONLY championed 3*'s and 4*'s. Tier the rewards just like you do now, only replace the 2* rewards with 3*, perhaps invent a 3* token to replace the 2* token, and replace the old 3* rewards with 4* rewards.

Benefits:

1. Something engaging and rewarding to be excited to work for, which is the entire point of the game.
2. We have 26 4*'s, so its on the fun pace of where the game was last year int the 3* scale of the game.
3. The format deviates little for programming and design purposes.
4. 3*'s are still relevant after championing, beyond champion rewards.
5. People now have long term goals with new short term rewards along the way, something the current emphasis on LT's and 5*'s alone
fail to deliver on.

Thanks for reading! What do other people think?

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    to me you have much to look forward to. I've recently hit my 4th champed 4* and now I have options and can use different matchups. there's also an entire next tier to look forward to. that's what I'm looking forward to - that OML yellow to go with my 2/-/5 logan. basically I think the guys who don't have anything to look forward to are the ones with the maxed 5*s. but I guess they're looking forward to the 5th or 6th maxed 5* (don't understand that, but its there). enjoy that hb this week - he's crazy strong boosted.
  • wirius
    Hey moose, I'm glad you like the game where it is. That's very important feedback too. Fortunately, my idea only adds things for people like you and me to look forward to while still keeping the thing you like as well.

Some people can be compelled by the absolute top and hardest to get rewards. That is generally a minority, especially when the time investment and effort is rivaling korean grind games. If I won 5LT's a week, with a 10% drop chance on 5*'s, it would take me 2 weeks to see one five star. A year is 52 weeks. That's only 26 5*'s. That's REALLY long term with a TON of playtime and effort.

I don't mind, and am even very happy there is such a goal for people who like to play at that level. My feedback I feel is more for the player who plays at an average to above average level who doesn't want the top rewards, but wants to advance in some way. As it is now, players like me finish up the 3* route, and realize the rewards come less and less with more effort. I don't want to compete at that level, and I'm sure many people feel the same. The majority of the base doesn't play at the highest level, and I DON'T expect the highest level play to cater to that.

What I'm trying to point out is I feel the games reward vs effort is missing a very important step in between that top end play and 3* play, and hopefully addressing an idea that can fill that gap. It allows a transitory migration to a new gameplay level that isn't any longer then current 3* play, and doesn't impinge on the elite 5* grind currently in place. Hopefully that makes my point clearer.
  • wirius
    No other opinions on this? If not I'll just let it die.