When PVE challenge scales, ISO should be higher

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
In PVE, if one team is fighting a lv 90 team, and the someone else is fighting a lv 270 team, the second person should win 3x more ISO. It's not fair to make the second person's battle 3x harder for the same exact rewards. Why even bother leveling up your characters if it's only going to make things more difficult? It seems like people are being simply punished for wanting to advance in the game.

This would be an easier way to make things more fair for both beginners and advanced teams. You already scale the challenge. You should scale the iso rewards as well.

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think Iso rewards should be = to the cumulative levels of the characters you are fighting.

Fighting 34, 34, 35? You get 103 Iso.

Fighting 394, 394, 395? You get 1183 Iso.

Don't say "rich get richer" because scaling impacts everyone, regardless of whether you spend or not.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    I think setting a baseline value for a prize and then applying a scaling-based modifier makes sense.

So if the baseline enemy strengths are:
    33:33:34 - and that's what you are seeing no modifier needs to be applied since the planned reward seems like what was intended.

But if the enemies have scaled:
    66:67:67 - you are seeing enemies that are either: 2x, or +100lvls, as hard as the baseline.

So either say that the ISO prize is 2x the baseline, or baseline+100.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    I would love that! It would make me play PvE again. I grew tired of it months ago as the reward versus effort just always seemed lacking.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having a much wider roster of stronger characters should be enough of an advantage without implementing more ways to increase the distance between longer and less established players.