Stunning tile bug [R95 - merged threads]

Ralph-Wiggum
Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
I just downloaded the new patch (iOS) and there seems to be a bug with stun. After characters are stunned (at least if stunned by Mystique), their character-specific tiles are still shown on the board. It seemed like it cleared up and displayed properly after a turn (or two?). Anyone else seeing this?

Mod note: merged threads. -DayvBang

Comments

• Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Happening on Android as well.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Seems this all relates to the Airborne status fixes, because nothing related to stuns was overtly patched.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Passives don't fire, it seems to just be cosmetic.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be interesting to find out if it's still doing damage appropriate to the stunned character, instead of going to the next highest value.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moving this to Bugs and Technical Issues.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good to see this patch continues the trend of breaking **** that had nothing to do with what was getting patched. Also good to see that this patch continues the trend of releasing bugs that are obvious to anyone who plays the game for more than 2 minutes. Predictability is very comforting to me.
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Hey all,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We were not able to get the fix for this in the build that was just released (R95) but it will be fixed in the next release.

The issue appears to only be cosmetic. There was an issue where the tile icons were not being updated correctly after a status change happened (becoming stunned for example).

Thanks,
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,327 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey all,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We were not able to get the fix for this in the build that was just released (R95) but it will be fixed in the next release.

The issue appears to only be cosmetic. There was an issue where the tile icons were not being updated correctly after a status change happened (becoming stunned for example).

Thanks,

Heeey, sorry for bringing something unrelated but seeing that little [Demiurge] tag stirred murky memories of better times. So, is there any chance in the coming years that we hear from a developer in the General Discussion subforum?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone checked ability damages for powers doing different damage when more tiles have their symbols? (like patch red, gamora black, etc?)
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    In case someone needs screenshots, in the image below, Black Widows was just stunned, making Wolverine handle purple matches, but the icon was still Black Widow.

Screenshot_20160302_075210.png

I was able to reproduce it both ways.
    Screenshot_20160302_075724.png
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is actually a little more than cosmetic as I several times accidentally matched tiles thinking they were being matched by that symbol rather than an off color match as what happened. Now I know to pay attention to it but I didn't within in the first 24 hours or so. I was confused why the matches were doing so little damage until I read this thread.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    This is a display issue only, the characters do correctly switch to the front to match their color, and the tool-tip is correct, but the icon on the tile is wrong.

It also only persists for one turn after the stun is applied (or wears off)... after that, the correct icon is displayed.

Not a show stopper, but definitely noticeable. icon_e_wink.gif