Who is baglady?

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Who exactly is the 4* character "baglady"? Is that IW, Elektra or someone else? Once someone answers, you can close and lock this thread. Thanks.

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    IW, but it is funny that Electra is bad enough that you have to ask.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    IW.

Elektra is fairly close now though, after IW's buff.
  • mpqr7
    Okay that's what I thought. I just got confused, because I swear some people had posted, "I hate IW!! And I hate Baglady as well!!" which lead me to believe that IW and Baglady were perhaps two different people.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    IW was the first member of the Fantastic Four to be released, and Bag-Man wears an FF uniform, hence Bag-Lady.

She's actually way better than she used to be... but still low-tier for a 4*.
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    Will someone tell me why Elektra is so hated? She's an okay character that gets irritating fast. Her red is pretty devastating, especially if you can't find it fast enough. Her black is fairly irritating, making you focus on somebody else to hopefully take out the trip tiles. Her purple is fairly useless on its own, but against someone like Blade or Daken it can be good. In fact, she's usually the first one I try to get rid of.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    dider152 wrote:
    Will someone tell me why Elektra is so hated? She's an okay character that gets irritating fast. Her red is pretty devastating, especially if you can't find it fast enough. Her black is fairly irritating, making you focus on somebody else to hopefully take out the trip tiles. Her purple is fairly useless on its own, but against someone like Blade or Daken it can be good. In fact, she's usually the first one I try to get rid of.

Mostly because she cannibalizes her own black and red trap tiles and gives away strike tiles with her purple, since the 14 AP required to double cast it is WAY less powerful than any other 14 AP move in the 4* game. Think about it this way, if you had 14 purpletile.png AP (which takes a lot), would you rather use her move or use JG's purple, Rhulk's purple (twice), PX's purple (twice as needed), etc.

She needs to tank for her black, but most of her best partners (those who make strike tiles that her black and red need to do serious damage) have better uses for black AP.

She's good in PvE, especially against goons who don't make red or black CD tiles, and especially against muscle's big strike tiles. Theoretically, she should be good against the swarm of OML's in PvP, but because she's terrible on D, you become an immediate target for retaliation and quick hits while you are climbing or trying to make your hops.

I don't think she's been boosted since the major 4* boost, but I would certainly put her in way before IW. She's not THAT bad. She's just not in the top 10 because she MUST have the right partners for 2/3 of her abilities and MUST have the right opponents for the other.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Bag Lady
    Mr. Bagtastic
    Captain Failcon
    ( curse word for poop ) lektra
    etc
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Buret0 wrote:
    She's not THAT bad. She's just not in the top 10 because she MUST have the right partners for 2/3 of her abilities and MUST have the right opponents for the other.

She is my priority target if I fight her with Hulkbuster. If you drop your black and she gets 7 purple, she steals both your strikes and doubles their strength basically. That will flip the whole battle heavily in Elektra's favor.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought BagLady was Chulk icon_razz.gif

Which is by far the worse 4. Not even MrF and wife get closer...

At least Elektra is not that bad in her own DDQ. I am having nightmares thinking about the next time I will have to play CapFalcon and MrF DDQ4 :S :S :S

PS: So sad MrF and wife are so bad. First this, then the movie sucks, then they disappear from Marvel comics, the universe really hates them :_(
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Polares wrote:
    I thought BagLady was Chulk icon_razz.gif

Nope. He is her manservant so he carries her bags for her.
  • mpqr7
    Someone recently mentioned 5* bagman? I guess that's SS? Which is probably true because I can pretty easily beat him at high levels, seeing as how he only really has one attack (red), and it generally only takes away around 3000 hit points.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    9thfea.png
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    You force me to link this Malcrof.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-beloved-s ... ly-stupid/ (Language warning)

Number 2 is Sue. Great read.

178781.jpg?v=1