Customized Planeswalkers

Options
OrionKannan
OrionKannan Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
Was chatting with a buddy over the weekend about the game and the suggestion came up about the way we upgrade our Planeswalkers and how limiting it is for how someone might want to play a deck. For example, Jace is designed to slow down his opponent and his decks are built to play to this; fewer creatures, more spells and support. But, what if I want to make a blue creature deck?
Instead of levels adding +1 creature, +1 Spell, or +1 Support, how about allowing the user to choose what they wanted to add their +1 to. This would allow for a player to design a deck to their play style & could make quick battles a more interesting. Currently, I have a pretty good idea what to expect when any of the Planeswalkers come up, so some more random to their decks would be nice.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Was chatting with a buddy over the weekend about the game and the suggestion came up about the way we upgrade our Planeswalkers and how limiting it is for how someone might want to play a deck. For example, Jace is designed to slow down his opponent and his decks are built to play to this; fewer creatures, more spells and support. But, what if I want to make a blue creature deck?
    Instead of levels adding +1 creature, +1 Spell, or +1 Support, how about allowing the user to choose what they wanted to add their +1 to. This would allow for a player to design a deck to their play style & could make quick battles a more interesting. Currently, I have a pretty good idea what to expect when any of the Planeswalkers come up, so some more random to their decks would be nice.

Thoughts?
    Nice suggestion but doable only if there is a chance for "respec"(redistribute the points from scratch) because players, especially if inexperienced, could make mistake or choice they could regret latwr(or simply want to change cause of boredom/new cards acquired).

This could come with a fee in runes based on pwalker level since runes are useless nowadays.
  • OrionKannan
    OrionKannan Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Morphis wrote:

Thoughts?
    Nice suggestion but doable only if there is a chance for "respec"(redistribute the points from scratch) because players, especially if inexperienced, could make mistake or choice they could regret latwr(or simply want to change cause of boredom/new cards acquired).

This could come with a fee in runes based on pwalker level since runes are useless nowadays.

Thank you.
    I agree with the option of a re-spec. Perhaps starting with one free re-spec and adding a 2nd free re-spec at lvl50...maybe one more in between. Re-specs would only be available for the PW in question and not movable to other PWs. When one of the upgrades becomes available, a "suggested upgrade" could be noted.