Q&A?

Ducky
Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Could we get another Dev Q&A anytime soon? Would be nice to have the devs *hopefully* address some of our questions we've been asking lately.

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    ISO
    4* covers
    5* RNG
    Scaling
    Lightning Rounds
    New Content

There a million things to ask. To bad I can answer all of those by the generic (what we usually get) "It's coming, really!" or "We're watching that!" icon_e_sad.gif
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    ISO
    4* covers
    5* RNG
    Scaling
    Lightning Rounds
    New Content

There a million things to ask. To bad I can answer all of those by the generic (what we usually get) "It's coming, really!" or "We're watching that!" icon_e_sad.gif

Love your list. I might switch my own priority slightly (bumping new content ahead of LR), but it's pretty much the right list of top concerns. Implicit in the 4* cover question would be more understanding why they felt the need to swing the nerf bat so hard at boosted 3* (cause that ain't getting us 4* covers any faster either).

I doubt we'll get another "upvote Q&A" option, but if we do, I'd suggest you just post this list and we upvote it 1000x times and not submit any other questions.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Don't forget the +1 level button. I know I sure don't...
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sell All 1*s button? Am I the only one clamoring for this one?
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    ISO
    4* covers
    5* RNG
    Scaling
    Lightning Rounds
    New Content

Love your list. I might switch my own priority slightly (bumping new content ahead of LR), but it's pretty much the right list of top concerns. Implicit in the 4* cover question would be more understanding why they felt the need to swing the nerf bat so hard at boosted 3* (cause that ain't getting us 4* covers any faster either).

I doubt we'll get another "upvote Q&A" option, but if we do, I'd suggest you just post this list and we upvote it 1000x times and not submit any other questions.
    New content could potentially solve most of the major problems.

If some kind of end-game repeatable content were added where we could grind out CP/HP/ISO for as long as we had time to play, then the top 3 issues disappear. The biggest issue I have with the game is the scarcity of rewards due to them being fixed in nature. RNG-based progress works in a lot of games because the number of times you can roll the RNG dice is unlimited. In MPQ though it isn't. There is a fixed amount of CP/HP/LTs you can earn and if RNG doesn't favor you, you fall behind with no method of catching up (beyond spending $$$). This is the most broken aspect of the game, and should be the primary focus of the devs IMO.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    In all honesty, I prefer an inverted q and a, or an a and q if you like. Developers ask us questions, and we give them answers. It probably couldn't be worse than the old q and a's.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah sure the "quality of life" questions could include:

1. Redesigned UI for mobile that allows all AP to be seen without scrolling (and basically everything else that badass poster did a while back on the Mobile UI redo)
    2. Sort roster by x/y/z (star level, alphabetically, etc)
    3. +1 level button
    4. etc
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know, I can do without another Q&A, or rather an A where they hype up features that turn out to be a gigantic nerf to the bread&butter tier of the game.

Personally I'd like them to postpone their next session until they are ready to tell us that they will fix
    1) ISO shortage
    2) random progression to the 5* tier
    3) tiered pvp play.

Until then I don't need them anymore telling me how AWESOME their next 5* char will be. Or whatever.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Sorry Bow the heat death of the universe is scheduled to occur long before they'll be ready.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Sell All 1*s button? Am I the only one clamoring for this one?
    Especially with championing I am now selling characters one at a time instead of sell all. The cover screen should now be broken up in 1*,2*, 3-5*. You could have a tab for each tier so that way we can sell the covers that are just ISO. The sell all button was awaome when it came out now I never use it because I might be waiting to champion a character.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    What would even be the point of this? It's not like they'd actually ANSWER anything specifically.......

If anything, I would freaking LOVE to see them do a "Celebrities Read Mean Tweets About Themselves". Not the mean part, though. Just the part where the developers are forced to read our most highly up voted post from this message board.

I would love to see their faces and body reactions to this sort of thing. Most of you claim that developers have no clue about our overly hard grinding or frustrations, and are not doing any of the negative stuff on purpose, so I would really love to see if they act surprised to hear and read all of the things that we complain about on a daily basis, or if they just shrug and say, "yeah we know that's a problem, but so what?"
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    ISO
    4* covers
    5* RNG
    Scaling
    Lightning Rounds
    New Content

New content could potentially solve most of the major problems.

If some kind of end-game repeatable content were added where we could grind out CP/HP/ISO for as long as we had time to play, then the top 3 issues disappear. The biggest issue I have with the game is the scarcity of rewards due to them being fixed in nature. RNG-based progress works in a lot of games because the number of times you can roll the RNG dice is unlimited. In MPQ though it isn't. There is a fixed amount of CP/HP/LTs you can earn and if RNG doesn't favor you, you fall behind with no method of catching up (beyond spending $$$). This is the most broken aspect of the game, and should be the primary focus of the devs IMO.

Extensions to the Prologue would sort most problems for new and experienced players alike. The Dark Reign arc kick starts the 2* transition, chapters 1 and 2 should add newer 3* characters for collection. This helps the more experienced player too because the concepts of command points should introduced via rewards seeing as Hero Points are now almost defunct.