Random ideas from a newbie

aa25
aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
I just pick this game up about two months ago. So technically, I am a noob here. Although, I have a couple random ideas that might make the game be more interesting. I apologize if any of my ideas happen to be suggested before or there is a serious flaw that make it not working. I understand that this might not be a good time for suggesting another change to the game while there are other things to be considered first. I just want to get it out of my head.

My ideas are along the line to hopefully make the strategic component of the game more interesting.

1. What if we can have a pvp match that has a limit on the total number of the stars of the characters in the team ? Say, for examples, the total number of stars must not be greater than 8. This means you can enter the match with only two 4*, two 3* + one 2*, or one 4* + one 3* + one 1*. Let's us aside the level different for the moment. I think this restriction will force the existing combo involving three 4* or three 3* out of the board and allow different, may be less effective, combo/team to be develop and use. I think it might be fun to see something new or exciting from mixing characters from different star-grade. For examples, I recently play around with Phoenix(Lv270) + GSBW(Lv60 somthing) + 2*Bulleye(Lv94Champed) to make a match 8+ including two crit tiles from bulleye to deal around 7k+ initial match damage without cascade. (I know this is nowhere near an effective combo (12+16 AP needed), but it just fun to execute and one-shot annoying character like venom or Jug just for personal satisfaction. I also know that you can achieve that much damage easily with some 4* or 3* at full level, but to me, who is struggling at the bottom of the hill of 3*, this is exciting and fun.)

2. What if we can have a match where there is no certain color tile drop. Similar to the first idea, this restriction will simply change how the team line-up will be and let different combos/teams be developed and used. Let's set aside Daken (because of heat) or other Wolverines-derivative (no heal with already low health) for the moment. For examples, a match without purple tile drop would implies IF become much less powerful and force people to use different combos/team instead. Even if the restricted color is not the color for the best power of a certain character or not use in a certain team, it also implies that the chance to get a match in other color is improved. Thus, saying 14 AP power is expensive may not be true anymore. (This statement might not be true, I don't think I am experienced enough).

What do you think ?

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I like your second idea. It could lead to more "puzzle" type battles - I'm assuming that even though a given colour won't drop, abilities that create those colours would still function, so you could have a battle where you must use (for example) GSBW's purple more strategically in order to build up green AP.

Also, thinking about Daken, a battle without blue tile drops would basically put you on a kind of "doom countdown", where you must finish the match before you die! Green matches would be key, as you'd be limited to match damage (no blue for Chemical Reaction) and would be counting on strike tiles. Except that your opponent is She-Hulk... or Ant-Man... or Elektra... someone who can steal strike tiles!
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I like your first idea. Anything that levels the PVP playing field a bit more sounds good to me.