done

This games for the whales now... waste 5 HP just doing 3* node of ddq... I'm out

Comments

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    What can you get with 5 HP?
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    What can you get with 5 HP?
    HP = Health Packs I guess
  • I think he means Health Packs.

I still haven't lost DDQ with 2* Thor, Storm, Magneto and I have been running it with them even before they were fully covered. Sometimes it's a little harder, but that lineup can pretty much ignore the enemies once they get enough AP.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    And worst of all the reward was for Colossus, who isn't even a top tier 3* icon_e_confused.gif
  • tacomanchi wrote:
    This games for the whales now... waste 5 HP just doing 3* node of ddq... I'm out

Health packs are 50hp (40 each in packs of 5). Nothing in the game costs 5hp. Even a single +all AP boost is 10hp in packs of 10. 5hp purchased at the lowest IAP level of 200/$2 is 5 cents.

I'm sympathetic to the DDQ difficulty changes. But given this new, harsh reality, if you're having trouble beating it, spending HP on boosts or health packs is not advisable because of the random nature of wins and loss in MPQ.

Having said this, each DDQ token is theoretically worth at least 13hp (not counting rewards from championing) because of the HP rewards in the DDQ vault.
  • Norrin Radd
    Norrin Radd Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Malenkov wrote:
    tacomanchi wrote:

Health packs are 50hp (40 each in packs of 5). Nothing in the game costs 5hp. Even a single +all AP boost is 10hp in packs of 10. 5hp purchased at the lowest IAP level of 200/$2 is 5 cents.

I'm sympathetic to the DDQ difficulty changes. But given this new, harsh reality, if you're having trouble beating it, spending HP on boosts or health packs is not advisable because of the random nature of wins and loss in MPQ.

Having said this, each DDQ token is theoretically worth at least 13hp (not counting rewards from championing) because of the HP rewards in the DDQ vault.

I think the OP just used 5 Health packs, not hero points, but abbreviated health packs as HP. As like you stated nothing costs 5 hero points, except maybe to recall a team up which is useless anyways.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Wait. What? Health packs? In DDQ? THATS IT! I want a poll on the percentage of people getting five packs of health packs in DDQ.

Dude settle down DDQ did get harder but I am sure it will get changed back a bit. Also you didn't mention how u play DDQ, what team, boosts, so on. I learned a lot by just reading forum. Then more by asking the savvy people here. You want to quit well quit, but at least do it substantially by better avenues other than anger. Experience talking on that point.
  • Why are so many upset with the Enchilada? It's manageable to play, not too tough at all.

Is it because you're not getting through without minimum damage?

First days I was a lil bit p*** off too, but now I find it okay. If my first try didn't work, I retry with maybe a new team. Today (Colossus) I made with OBW (3/5/5), Cyclops (5/3/5) and Kamala Khan (4/4/5) (on Marvelfamily). It worked.

I focus on purple to steal, blue for countdowns. 3rd black collecting for Cyclops to blast away the 1st appearing character who matches. This day 1st wave Spider-Man, IM35 and Yelena was a surprise, there I focused on stealing.
    With Cyclops as main attacker and Kamala for healing and green attack it was good to play.

Calm down, and don't give up trying. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Why are so many upset with the Enchilada? It's manageable to play, not too tough at all.

First days I was a lil bit p*** off too, but now I find it okay. If my first try didn't work, I retry with maybe a new team. Today (Colossus) I made with OBW (3/5/5), Cyclops (5/3/5) and Kamala Khan (4/4/5) (on Marvelfamily). It worked.

I focus on purple to steal, blue for countdowns. 3rd black collecting for Cyclops to blast away the 1st appearing character who matches. This day 1st wave Spider-Man, IM35 and Yelena was a surprise, there I focused on stealing.
    With Cyclops as main attacker and Kamala for healing and green attack it was good to play.

The problem is that it is now harder for 2* teams (well except ccmag and storm i guess) without any comnensation for increased difficulty (like +100-200 ISO per wave?)
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Ultrons in the first round was crazy but they fixed that. And the symbiotes, also addressed.

(I've had) No issues running it since they "fixed" it.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Lukoil wrote:
    Why are so many upset with the Enchilada? It's manageable to play, not too tough at all.

The problem is that it is now harder for 2* teams (well except ccmag and storm i guess) without any comnensation for increased difficulty (like +100-200 ISO per wave?)

True. It is. But it's no reason to quit. I remember how hard it was to get through wave 2. A while back. The game isn't a given, in any part. But DDQ changing is no reason to quit. In fact it should make a person more resolute to achieve.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    It depends on where you are in the spectrum of transitions. I still think it will be far more difficult for most 2* rosters than it was. The old formula was goon wave, character wave, goon wave, character wave. Those goon waves gave you the ability to stock up on AP to unleash on the character waves to help minimize the damage (and time). Now you have a character in almost any wave who is firing powers at you and if paired with goons that support their color scheme, far more difficult than either a goon only or character only wave. Stormento is now probably the best 2* combo but Storm is a glass cannon and it would not be difficult for her to be taken out with the new combination of waves. The only upside is that so far, there have been less Hand ninja waves which used to be the most challenging in the old system. My guess is that the OP is still in the 2*-3* transition and the Big Enchilada was his most consistent way to get 3* covers (as it was meant to be) and it has now greatly increased the difficulty to transition for him. I used 2* characters all the time in my transition and saved my 3* for PvE and PvP events. My team was 2* Thor, 2* OBW, and 2* Daken and was very successful (very, very rarely lost to Hand waves) but I wouldn't want to use them against the current new style of Big Enchilada.

I sympathize with the OP as I have similar feelings (although I am not quitting) with recent update changes as I am trying to transition to 4* and the finish line was just pushed way way way back for me as I thought I was getting pretty close with recent updates and changes to the game over the past few months. The ironic thing was that I was prepared to start spending more money on the game at that point because I was enjoying the progression, now I am going to spend anything as there is nothing I can buy that will help my transition other than buy token packs and praying to RNG gods which is a waste of money.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa wrote:
    I still think it will be far more difficult for most 2* rosters than it was. The old formula was goon wave, character wave, goon wave, character wave. Those goon waves gave you the ability to stock up on AP to unleash on the character waves to help minimize the damage (and time).

I wanted to emphasize your point here, particularly in regard to the swap in formula. The old way was predictable - you never knew quite what you were up against, but generally a single formula was sufficient. Now it's all up in the air. You can't just use strategy - you need a versatile team to handle the BE. That's not a problem for 3* and above. For 2*, removing the ability to strategize is crippling. It means you might have to come back to it 2-3 times, after you've found out what's in the waves, and even then you're looking at health pack expenditure to recoup characters that failed in your first couple attempts.

There's good and bad to that, but overall for the people who aren't on the "I can do this with my roster's hands tied behind its back" train, it's generally negative. Jumping that tier shouldn't be easy, but there are enough other hurdles that making this particular node harder seems like kicking the growing players while they're down.
  • Warbringa wrote:
    It depends on where you are in the spectrum of transitions. I still think it will be far more difficult for most 2* rosters than it was. The old formula was goon wave, character wave, goon wave, character wave. Those goon waves gave you the ability to stock up on AP to unleash on the character waves to help minimize the damage (and time). Now you have a character in almost any wave who is firing powers at you and if paired with goons that support their color scheme, far more difficult than either a goon only or character only wave. Stormento is now probably the best 2* combo but Storm is a glass cannon and it would not be difficult for her to be taken out with the new combination of waves. The only upside is that so far, there have been less Hand ninja waves which used to be the most challenging in the old system. My guess is that the OP is still in the 2*-3* transition and the Big Enchilada was his most consistent way to get 3* covers (as it was meant to be) and it has now greatly increased the difficulty to transition for him. I used 2* characters all the time in my transition and saved my 3* for PvE and PvP events. My team was 2* Thor, 2* OBW, and 2* Daken and was very successful (very, very rarely lost to Hand waves) but I wouldn't want to use them against the current new style of Big Enchilada.

this guys got it, I'm autistic, this was my simple routine game, I can't strategize like you guys, and I have no visual imagination so strategy guides don't work. so I'm moving on to what I can handle, y'all have fun