Thinking about deleting SS due to scaling

Options
ramoramo86
ramoramo86 Posts: 89 Match Maker
edited February 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Hi guys,

I was told that scaling in PVE takes the average level of your top 3 characters and bases pretty much everything off that. Now i have 3 5 star characters. OML 255 3-0-1, Phoenix 270 2-3-1 and Silver Silver 255 1-1-2. After that my highest level is Rulk 218 3-5-4. After that no one is above 181 (53 roster slots). I mostly PVE and rank in the top 10 when i really try. The reason i say all this is beuase last night when i was doing the Rocket and Groot PVE event, i cleared everything and went to sleep. The last node (reinforced steel) was yellow which is normal difficulty, this morning it was red which is now HARD. Basically what happened over night was that every single node went up on the level of difficulty. What was trivial is now easy, easy is normal and Normal became hard. What the heck is going on and how can i avoid this?

Any answers and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Juggernut
    Juggernut Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think you're just going to have to bite the bullet on this one because you're not just losing 1, but 4 SS covers which is like the jackpot for most people. I learned my lesson the first 5* I pulled way back when and the difficulty spike was as clear as day. Afterwards, I deleted that 5* and just stopped opening the legend tokens until I had enough ISO to level my other heroes up to a decent level. You're pretty entrenched now so just keep SS and pray that the developers stop fixing what is not broken and start fixing the things that are actually broken.
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Options
    you are wrecking the nodes too easily, therefore you get punished for doing good. there is nothing you can do about it. based off of what you are reporting for your high level guys, selling your ss will do you no good. remender: "you're supposed to lose"
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Losing one 255 character and replacing him with a 218 character won't do too much to your scaling - your top 3 average will only decrease from 260 to 248. 12 levels worth of scaling shouldn't be an issue - no matter what tag they decide to put on the node.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They are implementing a scaling "fix" soon. Wait to see if it actually helps before you ditch the 5*s.
  • Marvelfamily
    Options
    I would wait. Maybe there's a scaling thing coming, and before you gave surfer away. I think he is the best 5*. Keep him. icon_e_biggrin.gif