finally pulled a 5*and I'm angry

Options
adamdivine
adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
It had to happen eventually... After about 50 or 60 pulls I pulled a completely unwanted 5* (OML). So now with my mostly fully covered 3* roster (most at level 130), I will have to deal with insane scaling. Or I could sell or for a fat 2000 ISO. I'm angry because I only have one 4* cover that I can't use and i want to be able to give the 5 back for another chance at a random 4*. Oh well, just stinks that a few days worth of playing is going to be worth less than what I can get for about 10 mins of dpd. Let me go and figure out what to spend that 2000 ISO on!

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wish you could gift things, cos I'd totally take that off your hands if you didn't want it. I'd even save up and give you 3000 ISO =P
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    adamdivine wrote:
    It had to happen eventually... After about 50 or 60 pulls I pulled a completely unwanted 5* (OML). So now with my mostly fully covered 3* roster (most at level 130), I will have to deal with insane scaling. Or I could sell or for a fat 2000 ISO. I'm angry because I only have one 4* cover that I can't use and i want to be able to give the 5 back for another chance at a random 4*. Oh well, just stinks that a few days worth of playing is going to be worth less than what I can get for about 10 mins of dpd. Let me go and figure out what to spend that 2000 ISO on!

This was supposed to be addressed months ago, but......."lulz."
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Your choice is fight months of insane scaling or sell it. I sold mine. It hurt but my game is fun again but I don't open Legendaries and neither should you until they either fix the **** or you have a 3 star roster exactly how you want it scaled.
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm curious - it's been 6 weeks since they said they are going to change scaling to make it worse for people who soft cap their fully levelled characters, and you are still running around with fully covered 3*'s at 130? I know D3 is slow to implement the changes, but you know the harder scaling is coming quickly for you either way. I say man (woman?) up and just roster that OML.
  • adamdivine
    Options
    I'm not soft capping on purpose, just leveling my guys evenly and 130 is just where I'm at. Once everyone is at 130, I will go up
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've pulled 14 5*'s, and I'm soft-capping them at 255.

Oh, not by choice. I have a 5/0/0 SS and a 1/5/1 Phoenix. Thanks RNG, Thanks.
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think my point still stands - D3 is planning on trying to up your scaling (it's the one very specific thing they mentioned - making it bad to not level your characters).

Just my opinion, but if I was in your spot I would pick 2 or 3 teams of 3*'s I really like and level them up to max, then come back and work on others. It would make rostering the 5* hurt less.
  • adamdivine
    Options
    Not sure where my post went, but here it is again. They could either offer a one time reroll for unwanted 5*s that would give a random 4 or offer a locker of sorts to place characters that would remove them from play and from scaling. The time out could be for a season and then you have the option to bring them back to your active roster or leave them for another season. This would solve the problem for the vast majority of people.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Here's a thought: save your tokens and command points until you are finally ready to use them? I dealt with the same thing, having my entire roster soft capped at lvl 140 before the introduction of Legendary Tokens and Command Points. With less than 1/2 of my 3* characters championed currently I am still a long ways out from being where I want to, and progress can be rough going at times, but it will be worth it in the end. There is no way I would give up my highly coveted 5* covers just to make the game a little easier again.

FWIW I mainly play PVP.
  • apmonte
    Options
    I've already sold three 5-stars for the same scaling reasons. I kept my OML yellow since he works well as a self-healing tank, even with one cover. They need to make a change to allow you to sell your 5-star covers for 20 CP. Anxiously waiting six months to see what the scaling changes do.
  • Jack0fAllGames
    Jack0fAllGames Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    Considering you could have avoided the issue by waiting to open a token until your roster was ready to support a 5*, I don't think you'll get much sympathy from players whose rosters can ONLY make progress now by getting 5*
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Considering you could have avoided the issue by waiting to open a token until your roster was ready to support a 5*, I don't think you'll get much sympathy from players whose rosters can ONLY make progress now by getting 5*

Prob not, but to his point, why wouldn't they offer 20 cp for selling a 5* cover? It's basically just a leg token re-roll at that point. I don't see how that could be abused.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

While this is a viable solution to the problem, it is still completely idiotic that people are expected to ignore prizes that have mostly taken them 4-7 days of pve to earn just because this game will punish them otherwise when there are so many simple solutions to the problem e.g. 5*'s could have had a base level of 150 and just had that first 100 levels or so costing 1 exp each.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,324 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First, I am in the same boat as OP, although I have a couple higher level 3*. I opened an OML red and sold it after 14 days. Hard to do. Now have SS black. Why open Legendaries and use CP for 4/5* tokens you ask? I play PVE a lot. I have a lot of 4* rostered with 1 or 2 colors. I want at least the 3 colors for the essentials... The game is designed to encourage rostering all characters but punishes you for adding the most desirable, most hard to get, rarest characters "too early". Why can't there be a 4* only token/CP spend?
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Even if fixing the scaling is hard, I have always wondered why they didn't just lower the 5* starting level to something way lower and make it "free" to level them to 255 or something.

I know I and many others suggested it back when this was first discovered to total silence.

I guess like many things in life, trying to apply logic to this problem is the totally wrong approach.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    madok wrote:
    Even if fixing the scaling is hard, I have always wondered why they didn't just lower the 5* starting level to something way lower and make it "free" to level them to 255 or something.

I know I and many others suggested it back when this was first discovered to total silence.

I guess like many things in life, trying to apply logic to this problem is the totally wrong approach.
    ikr?

star.png : 1
    star.pngstar.png :15
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png :40
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png :70
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png :255 lolwut?

One of those obvious "what were they thinking?" moments.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    adamdivine wrote:
    I'm not soft capping on purpose, just leveling my guys evenly and 130 is just where I'm at. Once everyone is at 130, I will go up
    That is the very definition of soft capping, and sounds like you are doing it on purpose.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If it were any other 5* I could maybe support selling it, but OML? Suck it up and roster him, yo.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    adamdivine wrote:
    That is the very definition of soft capping, and sounds like you are doing it on purpose.

Indeed. Levelling his 3s to 166 would completely eliminate any effect of rostering OML. Hell, with 130s boosted, the effect is minimal already!
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i sold 4 5* covers
    my 3*s are mostly finished, my 4*s are useless.
    but you know what? that 5*s do nothing for me, except give me a hard time playing. progression wouldnt be any better.

for me, this is still a 3*/4* game and I like to keep it that way.
    and hey, its 2k iso!

only the first hurts, but it gets better...