My Thoughts on 5 Stars

Corven Ren
Corven Ren Posts: 25
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok maybe you could consider this a rant or maybe not. These are just my thought on 5 stars. When they announced 5 stars back inthe begining, I will admit I was skeptical. After all 4 stars were hard enough to get covers for and build. When they announced the first 5 star as the Silver Surfer I said ok that makes more sense I figured that the 5 stars would be limited to Extremely powerful entities from the Marvel Univers. But thus far with the ones that have been released, in my honest opinion the Surfer and Phoenix are the only 2 who should be 5 stars. Saying any of the other 5 stars could go toe to toe in a one on one fight with either the Surfer or Phoenix is proposterous. especially our newest 5 star the Green Goblin. In my opinion Goblin should only be a 3 star character (4 star at best), I do not see him any more powerful than say Doc Ock. Black Suit Spidey 4 star and honestly I was not thrilled about Old Man Logan, I thought we had enough versions of Wolverine as it was. Well there is my rant, was just curious if any body else agrees with my way of thinking.

Just a side note here are a few characters I think would be worthy of being 5 star
Doctor Strange
Thanos
Blackheart
Dormamu
Apocalypse
Adam Warlock

Comments

• wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Hey Corvan, you're not the only person who's thought like this. However star level is not meant to represent the power level of the heros, simply rarity of cover obtainment. Old Man Logan is arguably weaker in the comics than he was in his prime. I believe in the comics its stated his healing factor is slower than it used to be.

Should it represent power level? The problem you then have is two fold. One, developing characters are then limited by comparing them to other characters. Currently the Devs are only producing 4 and 5 star characters. That's why Eddie Brock is a 4* and not a 3*. They might also have problems if they start developing six stars in a year or two. The second is the debate about who's actually more powerful. There is some consensus for certain individuals, but go on any message board on the net and you can see many different opinions.

So I wouldn't worry about it being a big deal. Get the characters you like if you can, and enjoy the game. =)
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    If a d-list scrub like Star-Lord is a 4 star, that alone is enough to throw all star/power logic out the window.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    It would be pretty cool if stars lined up with power level in the comics, but we're playing a match-3 game with leveling up via collecting Iso-8 as the main indicator of power levels. Relatability to the comics went out the window with the very first version of the game.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember when Elecktra was what...the 4th or 5th 4*? She was really undeserving then. The rarity level vs. the power level has never made sense - and since they refuse to go back and add in more lower rarity characters, it never will make sense.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    missed off bag-man from OP's list!